《29》

I laughed at the messages before closing the messaging app. I quickly placed the noodles into the boiling water and let it soak before pouring out the water into a strainer and moving the noodles into a bowl. Adding the sauce, I quickly mix the sauce in with the noodles before placing it on the table and grabbing a cup of water. I heard faint knocks over the music so I set my water down and made my way to the door.

Revealing a smiling Namjoon upon opening the door, I greet him and allow him in. He let out a small whistle as he looked around my lit up apartment.

"Not bad. You already made it look very cozy and comfortable. Is that jjajangmyeon I smell?"

"Yeah, I can set you a bowl. Follow me to the kitchen." I turned to the kitchen as I heard his footsteps follow. I point him to the table silently as I opened one of the cupboards and grab a bowl.

"I'm fine. You don't have to because I think Jin is cooking later." Namjoon tried but I turned over my shoulder to see him staring at my bowl hungrily.

"Mmhmm. You might as well have some since I'm offering." I state as I pour half the noodles from my bowl to his. Passing it over, I walk over to the drawer with cutlery and take out a pair of chopsticks and a cup from the cabinet above. Filling the cup with water, I walk over to Namjoon who was grinning up at me shyly as he accepted the cup and chopsticks.

"Thank you y/n, but have some more." I shake my head as I refuse his attempts to pass over some noodles into my bowl.

"No no, it's fine. I wasn't that hungry anyway because of the drink earlier." I smile at him in reassurance before digging into my food. He stares at me skeptically but nonetheless sighs and takes a bite as well. At least the atmosphere wasn't completely awkward since I set some nice coffee shop music in the background. We both tried to avoid looking at each other as we focused on our noodles or around the room. I felt social anxiety just by eating noodles in front of a guy. I ate slower than usual so I wouldn't spill some of the sauce on my mouth or clothes. 

We both ate agonizingly slowly as I focused my attention on the clock above my fridge. Just watching the seconds hand tick made me anxious as time passed by. My chopsticks hit nothing in the bowl when I reached down again and I realized I finished my food. Finally. I glance over and see Namjoon's almost done as well. He was looking at his bowl while slurping the last bite of his noodles. His hair was dangerously close to hitting the side of the bowl filled with sauce. I cringed as he tilted his head closer and closer, so I couldn't help it before leaning forward and brushing his hair back just as the last of the noodles slipped into his mouth. Alarmed he tilted his head up at me with widened eyes.

"I- I, well, I was just brushing your hair away so it wouldn't touch the sauce. That would be gross." I spoke out before he could ask. Letting my hand release his soft hair from between my fingertips, it glided gently passed before settling back to the corner of his brow. He swallowed his food nervously while maintaining eye contact.

"How is his hair so pretty and soft?" I thought. I muttered. My eyes widened as I realized I said that out loud. Namjoon started laughing at my revelation.

"Thanks. It's conditioner most likely." Namjoon said with an amused glint in his eyes.

"That's convenient." Was all I could respond before picking up all the dishes and setting them in the sink. Once finished, I pick up my phone as Namjoon stood from his seat and pushed in both chairs.

"Alright. Ready to start the packet?" Namjoon asked as I nodded and led him to my room.

"You can sit anywhere you want. The beanbag, the window seat, the bed, the floor. I don't care." I stated as I walked over to my desk and picked up the packet, a clipboard, and a few writing utensils. Looking over, I see Namjoon has taken a seat at the window seat and glanced out to the view below. It wasn't a spectacular view due to the building surrounding the area, but if you look far enough you can see the park a bit away and many fields. Not quite spectacular, but it was there. At night it was nicer due to the soft streetlights and lights shown from further in the city from a distance. Taking a seat next to him, I attach the packet to the clipboard and glance over to see him scanning over the few answers I have written down.

"Your english handwriting isn't too bad. It actually looks very aesthetically cute."

"Oh thanks. I actually looked up a video on different sorts of fonts to write in and tried to copy the way one of them was written." I responded as he nodded in response.

"Do you want a beverage or a show to watch? I'm sure I'll be fine working on my own unless I have any occasional questions." I asked as he thought for a moment.

"I'm not quite thirsty but I'll watch some Netflix." Namjoon offers as I nod and grab the remote from my bed and turn on the smartTV. Turning on Netflix, I hand him the remote as he surfs through the listed shows. I quickly close the curtains so people outside won't see us lounging right next to the window. He settles on 'Train to Busan' and I focus on my work as the opening scene of the movie began.

"Have you seen the movie before?" I question briefly as I continue to fill out words.

"Yes. You?" He states, never turning his focus away.

"Yeah. Wasn't quite scary for me unless you count my anxiety level rising for each of the character's deaths as scared. It was more emotionally sad for me." I sighed unconsciously as I flip the page and work on the back. Namjoon just hummed in response and settled himself into my throw pillows as I settled in at the opposite end.

Throughout the rest of the movie, Namjoon intently watched. I occasionally leaned over to ask him a question and he gladly brought his attention to what I needed help with. 

Once the movie ended and the credits rolled, I was on the last page of the packet already and glanced up to see Namjoon hiding his face in a grey pillow. His peach pink hair shown above and looked nice against the soft grey fabric of the pillow.

"Are you okay Namjoon?" I lightly question as I see him lightly shudder behind the pillow.

"Namjoon?" I asked after he hadn't responded for a few seconds.

"Uh, J-Joonie?" I tried and he burrowed deeper into the pillow.

"Yes?" His muffled response was, but even for such a simple response his voice had cracked.

Leaning over to him I try to peek at his face from the side but I couldn't see due to how tightly the pillow was pressed into his face.

"Are- Are you crying?" I deduced due to the signs of his shuddering shoulders, shallow breaths, small hiccups, and refusal to show his face.

"What? No way! I'm just... really tired."

"Uh-huh. Why is your voice so shaky? Why are you making my pillow all wet from your tears?" At my light-hearted statement, he flinched and turned to the other direction of me.

"What? What tears, there is no such thing." He stammered hurriedly with a clear voice since his face wasn't shoved into the pillow.

"Oh, my mistake. Well I'm on the last page of the packet. Almost finished! Thanks Namjoon for helping me today. If you are tired you can leave and get some rest. I'm sure I can handle it."

"I'm fine. I'll wait until you finish because the last page might be a bit challenging. Plus I'll check all your work. May I use your restroom?" Namjoon timidly asked still looking away.

"Sure. You can enter that door there or go outside the room and it's the door to the right of this one." I stated while pointing to the appropriate door across from my closet.

"Thank you. Finish the rest of the work while I'm gone." He gently stated as he hurriedly stood and crossed the room quickly.

Before he entered the door, I called out, "You can find a tissue box on one of the shelves. If you run out, there are more in the cabinet!" He waved his hand at me in dismissal before shutting the door. I laughed in response before glancing at the assignment and tilting my head at the words while focusing.