xi.

Karina's outfit is above but with the leather jacket from the previous chapter!

chapter eleven.

Several weeks had passed since the group all went to the beach together, Karina was still iffy around Jasper, but the male didn't notice, and if he did then he didn't let it show.

Karina had meant what she said, she needed proof before she just assumed that the Cullen's weren't human. She didn't want to assume anything and look like an idiot.

Karina let out a sigh as she sat down next to Bella on the bench outside. She was so tired of boys staring at her for her clothing choice. Jessica was sitting on the table, wearing clothes meant for summer as she sunbathed.

"Trying to tan, Jess?" Karina asked the girl with a raised brow.

Jessica nodded her head, "Gotta get some color before prom."

Karina didn't realize how much time had passed. She had arrived in the middle of March, and it was now April, which meant that prom was coming up faster than Karina wanted it to.

"He's not here." Jessica spoke up and Karina looked confused until she realized that she was talking to Bella.

"Who?" Bella asked, unaware that she had been caught searching around.

"Whenever the weather's nice, the Cullen's disappear." Jessica explained to the two girls and Karina ignored the feeling in her gut.

"What, they just ditch?" Bella asked, slightly deflated.

"No, Dr. and Mrs. Cullen yank 'em out for hiking and camping and stuff." She told her while re-positioning herself. "I tried the idea out on my parents. Not even close."

"Yeah like my mom would ever." Karina chimed in and Jessica hummed.

Suddenly Karina felt someone hug her from behind and relaxed when she heard Angela's voice. "I'm going to the prom with Ben!"

Karina gasped and stood up, turning around so she can hug Angela. "That's amazing!"

She nodded her head, a large smile on her face. "I did what you said Bella, I took control and just asked him." She hugged Bella before looking at both her and Karina. "Are you sure you guys don't want to reconsider?"

"I tripped over air!" Karina reminded her and Angela rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Oh my God." Jessica spoke up, realization in her voice. "We need to hit the stores in Port Angeles before the dresses get cleaned out."

Karina's eyes lit up at the thought of shopping, she loved a good spree. "Port Angeles?" Bella questioned, giving Karina a look. "Can I go with you guys?"

"Uhm duh, we need your opinions." Angela told the two girls and Karina smiled at her.

Looks like they were going to Port Angeles.

Karina hated to admit that she missed Jasper.

Which was odd considering they only ever spoke in class, so maybe that was why she was eager for the distraction that came from shopping because she didn't get to converse with Jasper today.

"What about this one?" Jessica stepped out from the dressing room, pulling Karina from her thoughts.

Karina cringed at the sight of the dark green dress. "Oh no honey." She pointed towards the dressing room and Jessica instantly turned back around, trying on her next dress.