xlix.

chapter forty-nine.

"So, you're telling me that Javier, Paul, and Bella are gone?" Jasper tone was calm and for once, Edward couldn't read his thoughts.

Bella went AWOL and while that worried Edward, he thought maybe she was planning the wedding and stressed. Alice thought that Javier was spending time with the pack but when she went to the treaty line to speak to Sam, Sam had told her how Paul said the three were going on a trip.

That was a week ago and they were all barely finding out now.

Javier wasn't going to bring Bella at first, he was simply going to bring Paul but then ultimately decided that this would give Bella a chance to apologize to Karina properly without Edward by her side.

"I didn't see any of them decide anything and I think it was Javi's doing." She explained and they all looked at her to elaborate. "Since he's been turned, he found that he could block me out from seeing his decisions and when we got here, he blocked off Edward from being able to hear his thoughts."

"He has the ability to cancel your gifts?" Carlisle asked and tried not to let it show that he was hurt from her not telling him about it.

Alice could still tell and gave him an apologetic smile, "Javi wanted to look more into it before we told anyone."

"Alright, we know where they're going so why don't we just follow them?" Edward asked and he looked at Jasper who appeared to be lost in thought.

"Go in blind?" Emmett questioned before shaking his head. "It's a sunny place Edward, we'd be exposed and then Karina would be in even more danger with the Volturi."

"Absolutely not." Jasper snapped, the idea of them being anywhere near his mate made him look almost lethal. "I'll go and me alone. I'll travel at night, bundle up to avoid the sun and find them."

"And what of the baby?" Edward asked him and Jasper already knew that Edward didn't approve of the baby in the slightest.

"That isn't of your concern." Jasper told him firmly, his lip slightly raising into a snarl as he felt Edward's disgust and shock.

Jasper had made up his mind a week after Karina had been gone, Jasper decided that he would stand by Karina. He would support her decision and pray for the best outcome. He needed her to survive this, and he would do everything in his power to make that happen.

"And we're just supposed to wait here while you bring back our mates?" Edward asked him but he was the only one who had an issue.

He was worried about Bella and while that was warranted, Jasper knew that it was much deeper than that reasoning alone.

"You don't trust me." Jasper scoffed, "I don't care about Bella right now Edward, I care about finding my soulmate and making sure that she stays alive."

"Yet you would gladly let her die to have this child." Edward scoffed and he knew he crossed a line.

In an instant, Jasper tossed him across the room and out of the window. Esme gasped but Carlisle held her back, keeping her from stepping in. Jasper was next to Edward in an instant as he was quickly up on his feet. While Edward was indeed faster than his siblings, he didn't know this side of Jasper.

The side where his past came out to play and the one thing on his mind was to kill. Jasper wasn't going to kill Edward, no, he was just going to kick his ass and maybe rip off an arm or two.

However, Edward truly believed that Jasper might kill him, but he wasn't going to go down without a fight.