xiii.

Karina's outfit is above!

chapter thirteen.

Karina knew that Bella planned on confronting Edward today, she knew from the look on Bella's face that morning as they drove to school together.

Bella was filled with determination to get the answers that she wanted, and Karina wasn't going to be the one to stop her.

When they arrived at school that morning, Karina watched as Bella stalked off towards the woods when the bell rung, Edward instantly following after her.

She shook her head and hoped that she would be okay, but she was also reminded that Edward didn't want to hurt her.

Karina began to walk to the school when a hand wrapped around her arm, stopping her from going forward.

"Karina." Her eyes fell shut at the sound of Jasper's voice and she hated how her stomach did flips. "We need to talk."

She knew this was coming, she hadn't spoken a word to Jasper for the rest of the week, but it was only because she was still trying to wrap her head around everything. Karina looked at the school and knew that her mother would flip if she skipped school, but Karina had to know.

"Okay." She allowed Jasper to hold her hand and link their fingers together, before leading her to his car.

Karina had ridden with Bella, so she was glad that she didn't have to worry about her car. Jasper waited until Karina was strapped in before reversing and leaving the school.

Karina felt nervous and anxious, which she knew Jasper could tell from the looks that he was sending her, but he didn't use his gift on her much to her relief.

"Where are we going?" Karina asked him after she cleared her throat.

Jasper glanced at her momentarily before looking back to the road. "My house."

Karina's heart jumped into her throat, and she could hear her heart pounding in her ears. She hated the impure thoughts that immediately came to her mind and god, she was so thankful that Edward wasn't around.

A small grin appeared on Jasper's face as he felt her conflicting emotions, all towards him.

When they reached Jasper's house, Karina took off her seat belt while Jasper got out of the car and instantly appeared by her side. Karina's face heated up as Jasper opened the car door for her, she gave him a small smile as she got out.

She adjusted her thigh-high boots, making Jasper gulp as he tried not to look at the slightly exposed skin of her legs, before she took Jasper's outstretched hand into her own and followed him inside his house.

Karina looked around, admiring Esme's handy work. "I really love this house." Karina gushed and Jasper smiled at her.

"Esme will be glad to hear that." Jasper told her and Karina hummed.

Jasper led Karina into the living room, not wanting to make her even more nervous by bringing her to his room. He motioned for her to sit down, and Karina did so, her leg started bouncing and Jasper knew that it was just her nerves getting the best of her.

"What do you already know?" Jasper asked her, wanting to know where he should exactly begin.

Karina looked down at her lap, her leg still bouncing. "I know about the treaty, my mother and I are a part of the Quileute tribe by blood, but we don't live on the Reservation to respect the wishes of my Grandfather." Karina explained to him, and Jasper nodded his head. "I know about your abilities, how you don't eat humans, and about the color of your eyes changing and stuff."