lxiii.

Karina's outfit for the night is above!

chapter sixty-three.

After their outing, Karina told Leah of her plan and the girl reassured Karina that she and Elijah were going to watch a movie before going to bed, so that she could take all the time she needed with Jasper.

The minute they got home, Karina rushed to her room and picked out an outfit for herself before picking one out for Jasper. She laid his outfit on the bed before going to her old room and placing her own outfit on the bed.

"What are you doing darlin'?" Jasper asked her as she walked out of the room and closed the door behind her.

Karina smiled at him and shook her head, "It's a surprise so, go and watch a movie with Leah and Elijah while I work."

Jasper smiled at her and gave her a peck, "I shall await your call ma'am."

Karina hummed and kissed him one last time before pushing him off towards where she could hear Leah and Elijah setting up. Once Jasper was gone from sight and she heard him greet their son, she rushed to the backyard that was much larger than her father needed it to be.

As Karina looked around, she wondered if she should sell the home and get a new one. While this one held sentimental value for her, she was more of a simple person, and she knew that she wouldn't need all of the rooms that the mansion provided.

Shaking the thought, she decided to talk to Nathaniel before she returned to Forks and figure it all out. Maybe she'd even give it to Damien, her cousin, since he was now living in New York to run the multimillionaire company for her.

Getting started on the backyard, Karina had set everything up in the span of an hour. She didn't really know what to do but the minute she spotted a small area, she immediately knew the best thing to do.

Taking a step back from the sight in front of her, Karina smiled at it. The fairy string lights that she hung around illuminated the one area and it looked just how she had envisioned it to.

Heading back inside, Karina was greeted by Jasper who was already waiting for her. "How did you know?"

Jasper smiled at her, "I heard you whisper that something was perfect, and I wondered if it was about yourself." He told her while holding out his hand for her.

Karina smiled and rolled her eyes at him, but still took his outstretched hand. "The only one perfect here is you Jas."

"I beg to differ." He told her as he spun her around before pulling her into him. "You are perfect to me, Karina."

"As you are perfect to me Jasper." She told him while placing a cheek on his hand. He leaned in to kiss her, but Karina placed a finger on his lips, stopping him. "Not uh, I need you to go get dressed now.

He pouted, "But I am dressed."

Karina shook her head and smiled at him, "I picked out an outfit for you, it's in the room."

Jasper rolled his eyes and quickly stole a kiss before letting Karina go and disappearing from sight. Karina let out a small laugh before flashing to her room and getting dressed herself.

She slipped on the dress she had chosen and loved how it hugged her. She quickly found the matching shoes and slipped them on before she looked at herself in the mirror. She quickly touched up her makeup before pulling her hair out of the bun she had put it in while she was working. After running her fingers through her hair several times, she nodded her head in approval before opening her door.

There stood Jasper, in the outfit that she had chosen for him. The black button up shirt had the first few buttons undone and was tucking into the black dress pants. He had just finished rolling up his sleeves as Karina opened the door.

"Well, if I knew that you were going to look so good, I would have planned something else." Karina flirted with him, and Jasper laughed while shaking his head at her. "I think I need to rethink my plans."

"Easy there darlin'." He told her while looking her up and down. Karina smirked when his eyes darkened and not from hunger, "On second thought, maybe you do."

Karina laughed this time and shook her head, "No, follow me."

"I'd follow you anywhere." He promised her as he took her hand and let her lead the way.

Walking outside, Jasper's eyes landed on the single lit up area and he looked at Karina with a smile on his face. Karina pulled him into the lit-up space and turned to look at him with a shy expression.

"We don't get a lot of free time, but I thought this would do as our first date night." She explained to him, and Jasper had never felt so in love with someone as he was with Karina. "I mean, we can go out if you want but I figured that since we can't eat anything that it would be a waste of money."

Karina was now rambling, and Jasper found it adorable. He stepped forward and cupped Karina's face before kissing her softly and passionately. Karina's hand found themselves getting tangled in Jasper's hair as she pulled him closer to her.

"This is wonderful." He told her after pulling away but still remaining close, "Thank you."

Karina smiled and removed herself from him, she moved over to the wall and lifted a small controller that Jasper hadn't even noticed was there. With a click of a button, Autumn in New York by Billie Holiday started playing.

Jasper smiled at the song selection and held out a hand for Karina. Karina placed her hand in his own and Jasper twirled her around before pulling her to his chest. The couple began to sway to the sound, with Jasper twirling her here and there.

As the music played, shuffling through Karina's created playlist for this exact moment, their dance style changed with every song. Sometimes they were slow dancing, sometimes they were doing a waltz or tango, and sometimes Jasper was just twirling around Karina for the fun of it.

A smile never left either of their lips as they danced the night away together.

Karina let out a loud laugh when Jasper dipped her and spun her around before pulling her back up.

Her arms wrapped around his neck tightly as the song finally came to an end. "I think this was a successful date night." Karina told him while caressing his cheek softly.

Jasper smiled at her and nodded his head, "Dancing the night away with the love of my life? What could be better?" He asked her and Karina could see the love in his eyes.

"Oh, I don't know." Karina tip toed and brushed her nose against his. "Spending the rest of your immortal live with the love of your life sounds just as great."

Jasper leaned in just a little closer and their lips were now just inches apart. "I can agree with you there darlin'."

Karina smiled and pressed her lips against Jasper's, the kiss was short lived as Jasper then lifted Karina off the ground and spun her around. A loud laugh left her lips as she held onto Jasper for dear life as he spun them around.

As Jasper set her feet on the ground, he placed a hand on her cheek before kissing her again. Karina melted in his arms and pulled him as close as possible. Their kiss soon became more heated, and Karina knew that Leah and Elijah were still occupied with a movie inside, so she quickly pulled away from Jasper and shut off the music before reconnecting their lips.

Jasper wasted no time in getting them inside and in their bedroom, he playfully tossed Karina on the bed which made her giggle before climbing on top of her.

"I love you." She told him as she held his face in her hands.

Jasper could feel the emotions that she felt for him, and it made his chest swell up with happiness. "But I love you more."

Before Karina could start an "I love you more" match, Jasper kissed her again and just like that, Karina had thrown the playful argument out the window. With her hands tangled in his hair, she wrapped her legs around his waist and pulled him closer to her.

In that moment, all Karina and Jasper thought about was one another. They knew that Elijah would be fine with Leah, and so for the rest of the night, they were completely enamored with one another.