lxx.

Karina's outfit for the battle is above!

also warning, 3k+ words ahead....

chapter seventy.

After changing outfits, Karina, Elijah, and Javier stood beside Bella, Edward, and Renesmee. Karina had Elijah in her arms, the thought of letting him go made her chest ache but she had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. Javier didn't want to hide with the wolves and opted to sticking beside Karina, which helped ease her mind.

The vampires were all on edge as they waited for the arrival of the Volturi, who had yet to arrive and there was a part of Karina that prayed they never would.

Finally, emerging from the fog was a group in black cloaks.

"The Redcoats are coming! The Redcoats are coming!" Garrett joked and Karina couldn't help but laugh softly, much to Garrett's amusement.

However, the smile fell from Karina's face when she noticed how Aro's army outnumbered them and their own witnesses.

This wasn't going to end well.

Edward watched Aro as they walked towards them. "Aro's looking for Alice." Edward told them all and Karina felt Javier stiffen from beside her.

As soon as Aro and his army got closer, Karina's eyes glowed red and suddenly the wolves were emerging from the trees. Low growls were leaving their lips as they approached the vampires and added to their numbers. Jacob, who's in his wolf form, moved to stand beside Bella while Leah and Paul made their way to Karina's side.

Finally, standing in a straight line, Carlisle stepped forward, "Aro, let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner."

"Fair words, Carlisle." Aro told him, "But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us."

"I can promise you, that was never my intent." Carlisle promised him and Karina knew that he was hoping Aro would listen. "No laws have been broken."

"We see the children! Do not treat us as fools!" Caius snarled and Karina held Elijah closer to her.

Carlisle then raised his voice, "They are not an immortal! These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks."

"Artifice!" Caius snapped.

Aro held up his hand, silencing his brother. "I will collect every facet of the truth. But from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved." His eyes landed on Karina, "And Jasper's mate."

Karina stiffened as she handed Elijah to Javier, the boy shook his head at his mother, silently pleading for her to remain but Karina couldn't. As Karina and Edward walked forward together, Bella tried to use her shield on them, but it doesn't reach as far as she would like it too.

As the two reach Aro, Edward extended his hand and Aro took it and used his power to read his thoughts and realized that Renesmee was indeed not an immortal child. Looking to Karina next, her eyes glowed red and large smile bloomed onto Aro's face with the thought of having her on his side.

Karina was a rarity, the last person he had met with the same ability, he had killed because they refused to join him and if he couldn't have them then no one would ever be able too.

Edward's jaw clenched as he heard this and watched as Karina placed her hand in Aro's, this once she allowed her walls to crumble and Aro saw it all. Of course, Karina blocked out Nahuel and Huilen, altering those memories to make it seem like she was alone as well as blocking out her mother and William, they were not to be dragged into this.