xxxvi.

Karina's outfit is above but imagine it with a leather jacket.

chapter thirty-six.

Karina and Jasper were attached by the hip for the entire weekend that Edward and Bella were away. While Karina disliked Edward's manipulation in making Bella leave, she didn't say anything since her and the girl weren't entirely on speaking terms.

Karina sat on Jasper's lap, his arms wrapped securely on her hips as their lips were locked together. Jasper was trying his best to keep his control but when Karina tangled her hands in his hair and gently tugged, his control was tossed out the window and he flipped them over.

A giggle left Karina lips as she was now underneath a hovering Jasper. "You need to stop tempting me." He playfully growled at her.

Karina smirked and raised an eyebrow, "You should tell that to yourself." Karina told him and Jasper kissed her once more before rolling off of her. Karina pouted, "Why would you move?"

Jasper laughed, "Because we have school, and you have to drop off William."

Karina hummed and got up as well, she fixed her shirt and before grabbing her leather jacket and slipping it on. "Well come on, before Will comes breaking down the door."

Jasper laughed and followed Karina out of her room, the two walked downstairs to find William tying his shoes. Karina smiled as Jasper and him started talking, she's grown to love how easily the two clicked.

"Ready?" Karina asked him after slipping on her own shoes.

William nodded his head and rushed into the garage, Karina's heart clenched when he was eagerly standing by her Pontiac with hopeful eyes. Jasper gave Karina's hand a gentle squeeze before taking the keys from her hands and unlocking the car so that William could climb inside of it.

Jasper could see that Karina was in her own world as they drove William to school and while William was used to it, Jasper still kept his conversation with the boy flowing.

Meanwhile, Karina was reliving the last good time she had been inside of this car with her father.

"Daddy, can we please take this one!?" A six-year-old Karina asked her father.

At this time, Karina had yet to learn that her father was going to divorce her mother. At this point, Andrew was taking Karina out to breakfast in order to break the news to her.

Andrew smiled at the car she had chosen, "Of course we can." He told her and Karina cheered, instantly climbing inside with the help of her father.

"Where are we going daddy?" Karina asked him and didn't even notice how sad Andrew looked as he looked at her.

"We're going to get breakfast." He told her while reversing the car.

Karina pouted slightly, "Without mama?" At the mention of her mother, she noticed how sad he looked then. "What's wrong daddy?"

Andrew gave her a smile, though it didn't reach his eyes. "Nothing, mama's just mad at me."

Karina smiled at him, "Well that's okay daddy because I'm not mad and I love you." She promised him and Andrew laughed.

"And I love you, my little love bug."

Karina snapped out of her memories when William hugged her from the backseat. "I miss him too." He whispered into her ear before climbing out of the car and towards the school.

Karina felt the sob clog itself in the back of her throat and she held back from letting it out. Instead, she avoided looking at Jasper, who could feel her despair and grief, and looked out the window.