li.

chapter fifty-one.

Karina and Jasper returned to Forks two days later, just as Karina said she would. Everyone was overjoyed to see Karina back, but Karina avoided the pack which both Javier and Paul agreed was a good idea. They weren't sure how they would all take it and weren't willing to take the risk.

She had been back for two weeks now, and she ran out of blood, so Carlisle started giving her animal blood which seemed to work the same as her blood type. It was also more convenient for her to switch over since the Cullen's weren't used to the smell like Carlisle was since he worked in a hospital.

Carlisle also gave Karina an ultrasound and it was found out that she was having one baby. She had privately called Nahuel and told him that he owed her 10 bucks since they had made a bet before her departure. She still wanted to keep a gender a surprise though, so she politely declined Carlisle's offer to know.

When it came to Karina's bardo state, her coughing had stopped since her reunion with Jasper and she hadn't coughed blood since. However, Carlisle had told them both that it wasn't safe to try and change Karina while the child was still inside her. Jasper would have to bite Karina the minute that they were born in order to successfully complete the change.

While the idea still scared Karina, Aurora had told her not to worry about her or William. The two understood what was going to happen, well Aurora did, while William kind of understood from what Aurora tried to explain. Despite her fears, Karina knew that this was going to happen, and she needed to be ready.

Karina had only told a select few of Jasper's proposal, but they were the important ones. She told Jessica, Angela, Mike, Ben, and Eric as they were the only friends that she really had that were human and had Javier relay the news to the pack on her behalf. Then of course, her mother and William since the Cullen's already knew since Jasper bought the ring.

Speaking of weddings, Bella's wedding was only a day away which was why Karina was helping Bella alongside Alice. Karina sat with a tub of ice cream in her hand as she watched Bella try to walk in heels when she was really dragging her feet. Bella looked down at her feet as she attempted to walk in a straight line only to stumble.

"You just have to break them in." Alice reassured her with a small smile.

"She has been Ali." Karina tossed him and Alice shot her a look.

"For three days." Bella added, "Can I just go barefoot?"

"No, absolutely not." Alice dismissed and Karina laughed.

"Just thinking it's a little much, you know?" Bella told her, "The dress and the shoes, and all of this."

Karina's eyes land on Jasper as he and Javier were carrying benches over for the wedding. Jasper sent her a wink before going to place the benches where they belonged.

"No, it's exactly enough." Alice denied, "Tomorrow will be perfect." She promised with a smile on her face.

Emmett then appeared and was carrying a long tree trunk. "Where do you want them, boss?"

"On either side of the aisle." Alice told him.

Rosalie walked past behind Emmett carrying a fat tree stump. "What aisle?"

Karina snorted when Alice huffed, "Does no one have vision?" The girl then stormed off to help them set up.

"Thank god, Jasper and I are not getting married yet." Karina joked and Bella laughed while taking off her shoes. "I mean, there's no way that she's going to plan it all." Karina promised while eating another spoonful of ice cream.