xxxviii.

chapter thirty-eight.

Karina wasn't even surprised to find Jasper sitting on her bed when she made it home. She simply kicked off her shoes and climbed under the covers, hiding her head underneath as well.

"You have to take off your makeup." Jasper reminded her softly.

Karina huffed and tossed off the blankets, she was about to get up when she noticed that Jasper was now sitting beside her with a makeup wipe in hand. She rolled her eyes, but she couldn't stop the smile from appearing as he started to take off her makeup with ease.

"We have to talk about it." And just like that Karina's mood had deflated. "Karina, why didn't you tell me that this is how you felt?"

Karina's eyes stayed shut as she laid back down. "What difference would it have made? In this story of Bella and Edward, we are nothing more than the background characters. The characters that get back-stabbed and betrayed or given a bad name because they would never show what happened to make us this way."

"We're not a story though Karina." Jasper told her and sighed when Karina stayed silent. "Karina, you are everything to me, no matter what anyone says."

"Jasper, look, they're your family. Your coven, as Edward said, and I'm just a girl." She opened her eyes and met Jasper's soft gaze. "I'm just a girl, lying next to the boy that she loves."

"You are more than just a girl, Karina." He promised her and Karina shook her head.

"I'm not. Soulmate or not, I'm still just a girl who just wants to be chosen for once." Her voice cracked and the sound broke Jasper's heart. "I just want to know that when it comes down to it, you'll choose me and not Edward."

Jasper frowned, "What do you mean choose Edward?"

Karina sighed, she really didn't want to be having this conversation right now. "Edward wants Bella safe just like everyone else. Alice wants Javi safe, and I know that you want me safe, right?" She asked him and he nodded. "Right now, Edward is only thinking about keeping Bella safe more than anything."

"That's no-"

Karina cut him off, "If roles were reversed, you'd put me first too." She reminded him and Jasper stopped talking. "I get it, I really do but all I've heard from him, is Bella this and Bella that. What about Javi? What about me?"

Jasper pulled Karina into his arms and Karina couldn't stop the sobs that fell from her lips. He ran his hands through her hair softly before easily lifting Karina up so that he could place her onto his lap.

"I will always put you first from now on Karina. No matter what." He promised and Karina removed her head from the crook of his neck. "I love you Karina."

Karina wiped away her tears and kissed him. Jasper had never felt so much love being emitted from Karina, and he reciprocated the feelings as he kissed her back. Their kiss quickly got heated but neither showed any signs of stopping.

A giggle left Karina's lips as Jasper flipped them over and was now hovering over her. Their lips were swollen and throbbing from their make out session, both were left wanting more.

"We have to stop." Jasper whispered, almost panting even as he rested his head against her forehead.

Karina shook her head softly, "You won't hurt me."

"You don't know that." He groaned out and Karina knew he was doing his best to hold back. "I could kill you."

Karina placed her hands on Jasper's cheeks and forced him to look at her. "I love you Jasper and I trust you." She told him softly and Jasper could feel the sincerity flowing from her. "Just trust me when I say that you won't hurt me."