Meetings

"Hey Mind Reader!" I hear behind me. I turn around and see Kokichi running at me, Kaede and Shuichi close behind. It didn't look like he was planning on stopping, so I moved to the side and as Kokichi's about to bump into the door, I grabbed the back of his scarf and pulled him backwards. "Bashing into the door won't unlock it." I said to the small teenager. "Yours was locked, too?" Kaede asked. I nodded.

An "Ummm" echoed from down the hall.

"Oh, someone else seems to be at the end of the hall." I remarked. We walked down the hall and saw a blue haired girl with glasses, her finger on her cheek. "Hello! Are you an Ultimate student too?" Kaede asked. The girl seemed to pay no mind. "Did she not hear me?" Kaede inhaled, as if she were about to yell, so to save my ears I put my hand on her shoulder. "I don't think that's the case."

Kaede poked the girl. "I think she's a mannequin. She's so squishy though! Try it Shuichi!" She took Shuichi's hand to make him poke the girl, but she suddenly spoke. "Hm, I never thought that I would be poked from both sides." I stepped back a bit, in surprise. "Ah, she wasn't a mannequin. I knew it!" I looked at Kaede. "Then why were you poking her?" "She wasn't responding!" The girl sighed. "I'm sorry. I was just deep in thought. So I thought if I ignored you, you would go somewhere else." Well that isn't very polite.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" She asked. "Oh, my favourite episode of Doraemon is episode #53! The one with the security cameras and target practice." Ah, so she liked anime. I've watched that one, but I haven't quite finished it. "Before you talk about that, can you tell us your name?" Kaede asked. "Oh, I'm Tsumugi Shirogane. I'm the Ultimate Cosplayer!"

"Nice to meet you! I'm Y/N L/N, the Ultimate Psychologist. This is Shuichi Saihara, the Ultimate Detective, and Kaede Akamatsu, the Ultimate Pianist." I said. I looked to my left and saw Kokichi already walking away. I didn't really feel like stopping him so I continued speaking with Tsumugi. Her and Kaede were having a conversation about positivity or something. "O-oh, there's other people in the building, too!" I reminded. "Oh! Then you can go look for them! I'll look for exits!" Tsumugi said. We walked around the academy until we saw this boy with green hair and a striped shirt.

"Oh, hey! You guys got kidnapped, too?" He said. "Well, you look alright, so that's good." He looked at me. "Although..." He put his hand on my cheek and rubbed off dirt with his thumb. "Did you fall or something?" I shook my head. "I might have been from when I touched my face." I looked at Kaede and she looked as if she were about to screech. "Anyways, do you guys remember how you got here?" The boy asked. All three of us shook our heads. "If you're asking us then you don't remember either, do you?" Kaede assumed. He nodded.

"I guess everyone here has amnesia then, since the others don't remember either." Shuichi's face twisted into a worried one. "B-But how could we all have amnesia? That's not normal!" The boy smiled. "Well then I guess we're all in an abnormal situation then." Kaede tried brightening the conversation. "I'm sure we're just confused and we'll remember eventually!" "Or it could be group hypnosis. Maybe brainwashing."

I lifted my hand to my chin. "Maybe..." Kaede looked at me. "Y/N! You don't really think we've been brainwashed, do you?" I looked up. "Well, it's definitely not amnesia." I pointed to my head. "Amnesia is caused by damage to parts of the brain that are vital for memory processing. Unless we all happened to get involved in a serious accident and all happen to be an ultimate, brainwashing isn't out of the picture."

The boy seemed to lose that creepy aura. "In any case, I hope we remember soon! Otherwise, I'll end up the outcast." Kaede turned to him. "Outcast? What do you mean?" Rantaro put his hands on his hips and sighed. "To be honest, how I got here isn't the only thing I don't remember. I also forgot my own talent." I tilted my head. "You have no idea... at all?" I looked at his clothes, which didn't seem to be hinting anything.