Some Memories are Best Left Forgotten

You were seated in front of Mikan as she did a thorough check on you. Whether it was your breathing pattern or your heartbeat, none of it was normal.

"Huh?! Y-your lungs are p-punctured! But y-you're still b-breathing?"

"Your h-heart is b-beating but th-there's a hole in it!"

"How d-did you get th-this wound?"

Chiaki giggled as she watched your face get more and more uncomfortable. Shuichi walked in, holding a piece of paper.

"Mikan, Makoto wanted... uh..."

The two of you looked at Shuichi. "Ah! O-okay!" Mikan took the papers from Shuichi and ran out of the room. You sighed and relaxed your muscles. "You alright?" Shuichi laughed. You squinted at him.

"You saw what I did to the exisals, right?" Shuichi chuckled and backed out of the room. "I'll... see you at dinner." You and Chiaki looked at each other and giggled. 

You  pushed off the bed, but the moment your feet touched the ground, you fell down. "Ow..." You looked at your legs, which were in utter pain. "Dang it..." Holding your leg, you took a deep breath and stood up.

"Y/N?" You turned your head and saw Rantaro. "H-hey! What's up?" He looked at your shaking legs and walked closer to you. "Are you alright?" You nodded and pushed off the ground, making you hover. "I'm fine. Let's just have dinner."

He nodded and you followed him to the dining room. 

"Um..." Teruteru looked at your legs, which were uncovered since you only had shorts on. "Well, while you have the chicken legs, I can-" He was cut off by at least 15 glares, and he decided to shut up. 

You sat down next to Kokichi and looked down at the food in front of you. "Do ghosts.. eat?" Kokichi asked you. You smiled and nodded. "I can, at least." You glanced at Chiaki, who was hovering above the table.

"Anyways," Makoto began. "Kazuichi and Miu have informed me about something they have been working on." Kazuichi nodded. "We found the machine used to erase your memories, and we think it might be able to give back your old memories. So we reversed the machine and hopefully it should give back memories rather than implant fake ones."

Kirumi tilted her head. "Has this been tested?" Miu shook her head. "That's the problem. We don't know if it's safe or not." You raised your hand next to your face. "I can test it."

All eyes turned to you. "W-wait, but you just came back!" Himiko said. You waved one hand in front of your face. "I won't die or anything if it fails!" Kokichi held your hand under the table. "Well, if Y/N wants to risk their life, then they can risk their life. It's not like it's their first time."

Tenko eyed him, angrily. "You're the one that said-" "I said nothing!" Kokichi turned to her, hiding his face from you, and put his finger over his mouth. She slouched in her chair and pouted. 

"Are you sure, Y/N?" Asahina asked. "We just met you, and we might see something personal." You smiled. "So? I trust you with that." Byakuya sighed. "Your trust is going to get you killed."

"And your mistrust is also going to get you killed."

He looked at your conniving smirk and turned away. "Fine. But if something bad happens, it is none of our faults." "Yeah, yeah." Kazuichi stood up. "Great! We'll gather at 7:00."

Sonia looked at Kazuichi. "Are you sure all of us should come? This is someone else's memories." Mahiru nodded. "I think for the sake of privacy, only some people should come. Like, Makoto, Byakuya, you, and then their close friends."