Apologies

"K-Kaede?"

Shuichi looked at the door in disbelief as the blonde pianist came through the door. "H-Hey, Shuichi! Long time no se- oh!" Shuichi hugged Kaede as he silently cried. "W-What... I thought you were... dead..." Kaede pulled back. "I... I thought I was, too." Shuichi kept his head low, tears still spilling from his eyes. "Come on, sidekick. I don't wanna see you cry again!" Shuichi's eyes widened as he let the new voice filter through his ears.

He looked up and saw Kaito, who had died just yesterday, but it seemed like he hadn't seen him in years. "Where's Maki Roll?" Kaito asked. Shuichi was speechless. "Sh-she's investigating somewhere... else." He covered his mouth and looked away.

"Seriously, Shuichi, you need to pull yourself together." Kaito said, putting his hand on Shuichi's shoulder. Shuichi turned and hugged Kaito, letting out his sobs.

"You expect me to pull myself together?! I-I saw you guys die, in front of me!" He yelled. His mouth slightly opened when he realized something. "Were you... the only ones who woke up?" Kaito and Kaede looked at each other, and shook their heads. "Everyone did."

.

.

.

"What?!" Himiko yelled. Kaede nodded. "Do you want to find Tenko and Angie?" Himiko nodded, hope filling her eyes. "B-But first, Shuichi I need to show you something."

She led Shuichi, Kaede, and Kaito to the girls washroom and opened the door to the storage room. Shuichi pushed at the back wall, revealing a pathway to the hidden room. "This is where I helped you out!" Kaede recalled.

She explained that she had woken up where the bodies were thrown away, along with everyone else, and immediately went to the washroom to see if it was a dream, but then she saw Himiko exit the storage closet.

"Well? Was the pathway I found useful?" Himiko asked. "Yes... I think you just cracked the case!" Shuichi said.

Himiko threw her hat in the air in triumph. "Now, let's find Tenko and Angie!" She concluded, running back up the pathway. They exited the bathroom and ran into Maki. "Shuichi what were you doing in... the girl's... bathroom..." She met eyes with Kaito. "K-Kaito...?"

They slowly walked towards each other until they were inches apart. Maki's eyes filled with tears as she pressed her head up against Kaito's chest. "You... idiot." She whispered.

Kaito wrapped his arms around her, his eyes filling with tears. "Hey... Maki Roll." Shuichi smiled. "We were going to find Tenko and Angie. Wanna come?" Maki nodded, then remembered something.

She reached into her pocket and pulled out a picture.

"Ah, Rantaro!" Kaede exclaimed. "He and Kokichi went together." Shuichi put the picture in his pocket. "Are they looking for Y/N?"

Kaede nodded. "Do you know where they are? I was expecting them to be with you." Shuichi shook his head. "Y/N went investigating by themselves to cover more ground."

All of them ran around the school, running into a new person each time. It was almost like their first day here. First, they ran into Kiyo, then Gonta, then Miu, then Kirumi, and then Ryoma.

"Kirumi, you got your clothes back!" Himiko noticed. "Yes, I immediately went to my dorm so you wouldn't see anything... of disturbance." Himiko looked down. "Where are Himiko and Angie?" Himiko looked at Kiyo, who was rather silent. Even when they ran into him, he merely greeted, "Hello." and was silent once more.

"Kiyo," Himiko began, gaining his attention. "I'm not mad at you, you know? Y/N told me that holding grudges is what will hold me down."

Despite the fact that Kiyo had a mask, Himiko knew he smiled. "Y/N... such a kind person... even in my final moments, they were concerned for me."