Future Foundation

"H-huh?"

Everyone turned to Kokichi. "What's that?" Tenko asked. Kokichi crawled over to the bag that rested behind him and opened it. There was a folded piece of paper on top of a few random items. Everyone gathered around as Kokichi opened the paper.

Dear Everyone,
Congratulations! You did it! I knew you could! I know this whole situation is crazy, and it fees like life hates you, but you have to be ready for these curveballs. Even if they come at you like fire, you've gotta be ready to hit them! Even if you can't remember your lives before this, you can easily make new ones, with each other. I'm sorry I can't be here to congratulate you personally, but

Kokichi traced his hands over the words. "It's Y/N's writing." He whispered, just loud enough for everyone to hear. His finger stopped on the star at the very end of the letter, and his vision blurred.

~Flashback~

"Y/N?" Kokichi asked, making Y/N look up. "Why do you make paper stars, anyways?" Y/N pinched the last corner of their paper star and put it to the side. "They calm me down. My mom taught me, actually." Y/N smiled. "And now, they're the first thing I taught you!"

~End Flashback~

Tears finally fell, as Kokichi's lips quivered. He had no energy to sob. He just stared at the paper in his hands, absorbing every word written in black ink. His eyes widened when he felt a familiar piece of fabric touch his face, wiping away his tears. But no one was in front of him to do so, as far as he knew.

You smiled, despite Kokichi not being able to see it. You turned to Kiyo's sister. "We should try and find the Future Foundation. They might be able to help." Kiyo's sister tilted her head. "But... they're fictional. Tsumugi said so." You smiled and flew up near the hole in the end wall. "Trust me, they're real."

You flew out of the hole to see the outside world for the first time in months and.. it wasn't as great as you thought it would be. "Oh my gosh... that's a lot of pollution." You whispered as you looked at the factories. The factories were making Monokuma merch, and even some Monokumas just like the one in the end wall: alive.

"Look out!" You screamed at a passerby. You flew down and shoved them out of the way just as a Monokuma machine zoomed by. You flew back up and gave a sigh of relief. "The world... looks awful." Kiyo's sister said. You nodded and looked around.

"I think it's that building over there." You said, pulling Kiyo's sister by the arm. The building resembled Hope's Peak Academy, the one you saw in the book. You went through one of the windows and saw Makoto Naegi and Byakuya Togami, each sitting on a chair. Both of them were looking at a computer.

Makoto, Byakuya...!" Both looked up. "Who said that?" Makoto wondered, looking around the room. You groaned once you remembered that no one can see you.

There was a white board on the wall, so you flew up to it and picked up a marker.

Hi, I don't think you know me, but I participated in the 53rd season of Danganronpa. That may be a familiar name to you, huh? My friends have escaped, and they don't know where to go from there. There is a large dome on ******* Street. If you could go and try to help them, I plead you to do so.

Makoto tilted his head. "Byakuya, what do you think-" "We obviously have to go." Byakuya stood up and fixed his tie. "Come on, Makoto." Makoto nodded and stood up. They both ran out the door to where you told them to go.