Memories Gotten, Memories Made

We all gathered in the gym as Angie showed us the peculiar flashlight. "So what does it do?" I asked her. "No idea! That's why I asked someone to help me!" Monokuma appeared in front of us.

He explained that the flashlight was called a Flashback Light. It would help us gain back our memories. But once we tried...

"No!" I stumbled back.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Kaito put his hand on my shoulder. "I-I saw a group of people... they were chasing me. I was given the option to get rid of my memories and talent." Everyone else looked at me. "I saw that too! Once I did, I became a normal student." Shuichi said.

I shook my head. "But... I didn't take away my memories. I attended a normal high school, but I knew that I was the Ultimate Psychologist while I was at that school.. with Kaede." I looked down at my chest and saw Rantaro's necklace. "Wait! When Kaede and I were in the dining hall with Rantaro! He asked us if we knew anything about the Ultimate Hunt!"

Kirumi spoke up. "I guess Rantaro is more important than we were letting on." I tapped my chin and gasped, grabbing Shuichi's hand. I dragged him to my dormitory, but I heard Monokuma's evil giggled from inside the gym. "Looks like our two smarty-pants left the gymnasium!"

I pushed Shuichi in my room and shut the door. "Y-Y/N, what-" "Look at this Shuichi." I shoved the floor plan from yesterday in his face. "Yes, that's the floor plan, what about it?" I pointed to the opening from the track of the bookcase and Rantaro's body. "Does it look like they line up?" Shuichi examined the floor plan and his eyes widened. "No..."

I put down the floor plan. "And Rantaro's wound was at the back of his head, right?" Shuichi nodded. "If the shot put ball had hit him, it would've hit him on the top of his head." I pulled out one of the photos from yesterday. "See? It shows him facing forward, not down."

I sat down on my bed and pulled out Kaede's clip. "I'm pretty sure Kaede planned to kill the mastermind, and thinking Rantaro was the mastermind by triggering the sensor, she did try to kill him." I looked up at Shuichi. "But... I think she missed, but the mastermind was there and took the shot put ball and threw it at him. They weren't in any pictures because of the intervals!"

Shuichi looked surprised. "Y-You figured out all of that?" I nodded. "Rantaro knew more about this than anyone. I think there was a mistake with giving us back our memories about our Ultimate Talents, and instead of giving him the memory of his Ultimate Talent, whoever kidnapped us gave him back the memory of the Ultimate Hunt."

"Upupupupu." Shuichi and I looked down to see Monokuma in my dorm. "Well aren't you smart, Y/N?" We both saw a flash and... nothing.

I woke up in the gym. "Y/N, are you okay?" Kaito knelt down next to me. "You just fainted. We were talking about how to escape, but you suddenly fell to the floor." I sighed and sat up. I doubt that's what happened, but I just don't know what did. I heard a loud snore and looked up. "K-Kokichi." I timidly called. "U-uh, what?" He said, looking around. Tsumugi sighed. "We are having a serious conversation right now."

"And where is it written that I have to take a serious conversation seriously? If we want to get out of here, we should just ask, shouldn't we?"

Maki scoffed. "If we ask Monokuma, he will just say the only way to get out is through the killing game." Kokichi laughed. "Not Monokuma. The mastermind! They're among us, aren't they?"

"I thought we agreed there wasn't." Miu reminded. "Oh, I forgot." Kokichi grinned. "If we tried to sniff out the mastermind again, we'd just repeat Kaede's screw up." That seemed to get Kaito fuming. "Quit messing around! Let me at him!" Kokichi made a run for it. "Kokichi!" I got up and was about to chase after him but Kaito stopped me.