The Final Trial 2

"Quit playing around. You're a Remnant of Despair, so you should know!" Himiko said. Kokichi scoffed. "Well, clearly someone came late to the party. I just asked you to explain. What makes you think I know what it is?" Shuichi tilted his head. "Kokichi, you got your own motive video, right?" Kokichi stiffened up. "U-uh... yes, I did. What about it?" Shuichi put his hand on his face. "It said you were the leader of a group that only did petty crimes... not including murder. And it only had ten members."

"So?" Himiko asked. "Oh! It's because the people trying to stop the Gofer Project were more than ten people, right?" Kaede asked. "It's not like ten people would be able to stop a project made by some of the most talented people in the world." Kokichi nodded. "Besides, they would never agree to something like that anyways!"

"Wait, wait, wait." Kaito interrupted. "Why does it seem like I know so little? And don't say it's because I'm an idiot!" Shuichi felt a slight tingle down his back, and then he felt something press up against his temple. "Brain... memories! The Flashback Lights!" Miu looked at Shuichi. "What kind of weird thoughts do you have rotting in that brain of yours?"

"I found the room that made the Flashback Lights, but there was something strange about it." Shuichi recalled. Kaede and Rantaro looked at each other. "Flashback... Lights?" Shuichi explained that they were these lights that restore memories. "Or at least, that's what we thought. When you make the Flashback Lights, you could select things that you wanted everyone to remember. But... there were options that contradicted other options."

"In what way?" K1-B0 asked. "Well, one would say 'there are other survivors,' while another would say there were none." Shuichi explained. "Which would make me assume... that the Flashback Lights didn't make us remember anything. They just implanted false memories into our brains!" A wave of silence came through the room. "False... memories?" Maki asked herself.

Tsumugi cackled. "I guess you figured it out! You really had nothing to do with Hope's Peak Academy." Kokichi oh'd as he realized what was happening. "You thought I was a Remnant of Despair! Of course not!" Tsumugi nodded. "From all the information Kokichi told you, you all forgot that you were even in a killing game. I was getting desperate so I told you that you were students of Hope's Peak Academy, making you think that Kokichi was a Remnant of Despair."

"Th-that's why I tried to kill Kokichi?" Maki questioned. Tsumugi smiled. "Yep! But it wasn't only you who was controlled. It was everyone in this room! All those fake memories instilled emotions inside of you that made you want to escape. But, they were all lies!" Himiko began sweating bullets. "They were all... fake? That memory, and that memory, and that memory and that memory and that memory and that-" She suddenly stopped.

She felt someone hug her from behind and whisper in her ear. "I can tell you're stressed, but that doesn't mean that you give up. You've gotta smile for the audience, remember?" Himiko gritted her teeth. "If they... were all lies... what are we doing here? Where are we? Why are we here?"

"That's for you to figure out yourself!" Tsumugi said.

Alright, this is where it goes way off storyline. I was going to make them all fictional and stuff like that, and break the fourth wall like in the game, but I honestly... didn't want everyone to be reading something with an unnamed character just thrown in. So, you'll be reading about a different truth! Be ready for that... on Friday!