Your Trial

Everyone gathered in the Shrine of Judgement. "May I say something?" Kiibo asked. "I'm very sorry!" He bowed as low as his robot body could bend. "I almost destroyed the school trying to get rid of despair, and you guys almost got hurt while I was doing so!" You smiled and flew closer to Kiibo's ear. "We all know it was for the best." He flinched and looked around. "What's wrong?" Shuichi asked. "I-I thought it was my inner voice, but it didn't sound the same..." Kiibo answered.

"Maki, if I may ask, what is the vacuum you are holding?" Kirumi wondered. Maki explained that it was a BugVac Kokichi asked Miu to make. "Oh yeah. But there aren't any bugs around here! See? There aren't any inside." Miu pointed out. "It's pretty useless, but I invented it anyways." Kiibo shook his head. "Before we determine that, let me use my new vision to examine it." Kokichi's eyes seemed to sparkle as Kiibo examined what was inside the BugVac and printed it.

"It's tiny Monokumas!" Shuichi said. Gonta's eyes lit up. "Gonta did see bugs!" Himiko put her hand on her chin as she looked from Gonta to the BugVac. "How did you even see that? They're so small, I didn't even know they were there." Shuichi was handed the photo. "It seems like... they're recording." Kiibo got really close to the BugVac and began to talk to them.

"I think he's communicating with them?" You guessed. You still couldn't hear anything that was going on in the living world. You could only hear what was going on in the "afterlife." You flew backwards as you saw everyone's expressions get more shocked by every word Kiibo seemed to say.

"I guess I was right to use the electrobomb!" Kokichi teased. Tsumugi tilted her head at Kokichi. "I feel like this would've been easier if you had simply worked with us normally." You watched as everyone went into the elevator, leaving one spot empty.... where you used to stand.

As the elevator descended, you had expected there to be more talking, but they were all really gloomy. "I guess you meant a great deal to them." Kiyo's sister mentioned. You nodded. "I... didn't realise that." She put her hand on your shoulder. "I've been watching for a while now. I am positive that they thought of you as family." You landed on the floor of the elevator. "I... I see." You went through the floor and into the trial grounds to wait.

"Welcome to the trial grounds!" Monokuma announced. "Huh, I've never seen this place before..." Rantaro muttered. Kirumi sighed. "You'd be lucky if you haven't." Everyone went to their areas, which no longer had their pictures if they were dead. Kokichi walked up to his podium and looked to his right, where he saw your face and a big red x over it.

"I wish all 17 of us were still here. It would've been better." Tsumugi said. "No use in wallowing about it now. Would Y/N want that?" Maki asked. Everyone shook their heads as their eyes travelled to the ground.

"Alright, let's start with the more important mystery!" Monokuma said. "Who do you think the mastermind is?" Kokichi clenched his fist. "The more important mystery?" He asked, gritting his teeth. Kaito pressed his fists together. "Y/N's death is more important, you-" Monokuma giggled. "Oh really? Didn't you say the whole reason they died was because of the mastermind? Shouldn't you figure that out first?"

You left the trial grounds and went up to Kiibo's lab. "What are you doing?" Kiyo's sister asked. You flew to the ground and landed on your feet. You turned your head from side to side, holding out your arms to estimate different measurements. "I'm going to fulfil a promise I made a while back." You flew out and came back in, holding fabric. "I really only hold things I want to, huh?" You smiled and sat down with a needle and thread while Kiyo's sister looked over your shoulder to see what you were doing.

Meanwhile, in the trial grounds, they were arguing on whether or not they should investigate your murder or who the mastermind is.

"Y/N is more important!"