You're Not Perfect

"I like your eyes, Y/N..." Kokichi mumbled as you sat between his legs. You turned and said, "Thanks.... too bad Tsumugi got to them first." Kokichi looked down and saw the huge hole in your heart and your eye sockets were empty, your right eye spilling blood. He yelped and moved back. Tsumugi appeared behind you and held your two eyeballs between her fingers. "Ah.... do you feel the despair?"

"Agh!" Kokichi shot up in bed, waking Shuichi, Rantaro, Kaede, Kaito, and Kirumi awake. "Kokichi? Is there something wrong?" Kirumi asked. Kokichi covered his ears with his hands as the words Tsumugi said rang through his ears.

Shuichi went down the ladder of the bunk bed and sat next to Kokichi. "Kokichi, you've been waking up like that ever since we escaped the end wall. If something's wrong, you can tell us." Kaede leaned on the railing of her top bunk. "Kokichi, you would've told Y/N."

He froze at the sound of your name, and his heart began pounding in his chest. "I-I'm fine, really, I-" He was cut off by Rantaro gripping his shoulders. "Kokichi... we're not enemies, and we're not in a bizarre game that makes us suspicious of each other. What is your deal?"

The small boy buried his face in his hands. "I miss them... and these nightmares.. they're not helping at all." Kirumi tilted her head. "He sounds far too fatigued to think up a lie." Kaito climbed down his ladder, careful not to wake Maki up, and sat near Kokichi's bunk.

Kokichi looked around and his eyes widened when he saw you sitting in the small group of people in front of his bed. He blinked and you were gone. "Ugh..." He jabbed his palms into his eyes and lied down. "I'm getting hallucinations, nightmares, I'm hearing things... what the heck."

Kaede looked at Kirumi. "It seems a little more serious than you're making it out to be." Kokichi shook his head. "Begone, peasants. I'm trying to get a good night's rest, and you're all gathered around my throne." Shuichi looked down at Kokichi, but decided to go back to the top bunk.

"Psst... Kaito." Kaito sat up and looked at the bunk next to his, where Rantaro was sitting. "You and I both know that Kokichi is not fine." Kaito nodded and looked at the Ultimate Supreme Leader, who was facing the wall and trembling.

"Y/N's death did a number on all of us, but it hit him hardest." Rantaro leaned on the wall and looked at the ceiling. "Hey Kaito... have you ever wondered why Y/N's so... perfect?" Kaito looked over at Rantaro, who had his eyes fixed on the light on the ceiling.

"What do you mean?" Rantaro sighed and turned his head towards Kaito. "Y/N is incredibly smart, athletic, quick reflexes, almost has two talents, kind, brave, humble... what's not great about them? Is that just how Tsumugi made them?"

"No." The two boys looked at the ground, where Kyoko was standing. "Come with me, you may wake up the others." They both got down from the top bunk and followed Kyoko to her office. She told them to sit down in the chairs in front of her desk while she looked out the window.

"Y/N's always been like that. I should know... I was the leading detective on the case. Once the police burst into the house, they were gone, but the boy who was lying unconscious on the ground outside claimed they were trying to help him. 'They were telling me to just leave so that I wouldn't get insulted like I did' I remember him saying." Kyoko turned to the two boys. "But thinking they're perfect is a big mistake."

She looked at the two boys. "That's all I can tell you. Go to bed." They looked at each other and left. They walked through the halls of the headquarters in silence. "What do you think it is...?" Kaito asked. Rantaro shrugged and looked up. "I feel like... I used to know..." Kaito slapped Rantaro's back. "If I ever see that look of regret in your eyes again, I'll slap you harder."

Once they get to the room, Kokichi is sitting up in bed and staring at them. "Kokichi?" Kokichi pulls up his blanket and lied down again. Kaito went back to be while Rantaro walked over and sat at the foot of the bed, near the ladder. "Kokichi..." He gently placed his hand on Kokichi's back, making him flinch.

Rantaro heard a crumple under his leg and checked, pulling out a piece of paper with scribbled notes on it. "Kokichi, what's this?" Kokichi lowered the blanket and his eyes slightly widened. "Th-that's nothing." Rantaro looked down at the paper, then at Kokichi. "So you wouldn't mind if I read it?" Kokichi paused and leaned on the frame of the bunk bed. "Fine... it's something... something important."

Rantaro read the paper and his eyes widened. "Wait... these are all about Y/N." Kokichi nodded and rubbed the back of his neck. "It just felt... odd. But you don't need to worry, avocado man!" Rantaro's eyes widened as there was a flash of light in front of him.

~Flashback~

"Boo!" He gripped you shoulders. "Hey Rantaro." He let go and sat beside you. "You never get scared anymore!" You chuckled and shut your laptop. "Well, I don't see what's scary about a living avocado man." He pouted as you put your laptop in your backpack. "Come on, you said we'd study at your house this time." He nodded and followed you.

~End Flashback~

Rantaro lifted his hand over his mouth and abruptly stands up. "Rantaro?" Rantaro quickly walked out of the room and leaned on the wall. He tried making deep breaths, only for them to come out shaky. "Rantaro?" He looks to the left and saw Kaito and Kokichi at the door. Sighing, he let his legs give in and sat on the floor.

Kaito knelt down next to him. "Rantaro, you've been acting on edge lately." Rantaro looked down at the necklace you gave him and held onto it. Kaito noticed how Rantaro's breathing steadied and sat down. "Is it about Y/N?"

Kokichi sat down and leaned on the wall. "I think their death really... did something to all of us." Kaito nodded and stood up. He held out both of his hands and helped the two up. "Well, being stuck on the past will keep us from the future- ah!" He winced and saw a flash of light.

~Flashback~

"B-but I-" You held Kaito by the shoulders. "Kokichi started talking to you, right? So why are you still regretting things that have already passed?" You let go of his shoulders and picked up yours and his bag. You handed him his bag and walked towards the school. "Being stuck on the past will keep us from the future."

~End Flashback~

Kaito stumbled back and shook his head. "Dammit..." Kokichi went back inside the room. "Follow me, peasants." Kaito and Rantaro looked at each other and chuckled. "Wait for us, oh Supreme Leader!"