A Friend's Legacy

"Kokichi!" I ran up to the boy lying on the floor. "Kokichi?" His head popped up. "It's a lie!" I made a huge sigh of relief. "Kokichi, you shouldn't- is that real blood?" I sniffed. It definitely smelled like it. "Y-yeah, I was in one of the empty rooms and I fell through the floor. One of the cross pieces was cut."

I gently moved his hair out of the way and saw the gash in his forehead. Just then, we heard the class trial announcement.

"Oh..." Kokichi handed me the Caged Dog Village. "I was trying to investigate this to see if anything was suspicious, but I haven't found anything."

"Hold on." I pulled out my handkerchief and gently wiped Kokichi's head. "Are you feeling light-headed?" He nodded a bit. I ripped my sleeve and wrapped the fabric around his head. "We'll get you treated later." We went to the Shrine of Judgement.

I opened the Caged Dog Village and quickly skimmed through the pages.

We went down the elevator, but I saw Kokichi swaying a bit. Swaying: essential due to the many large and small changes in the centre of gravity due to functions such as walking and breathing. For a person to maintain balance requires coordination of input from multiple sensory systems including the vestibular, somatosensory, and visual systems.

I walked closer to Kokichi, ready to grab him if he needed to fall. We each went to our court stands. I looked past Kokichi to see Tenko's crossed out photo and looked further across and saw Angie's. I inhaled and exhaled. "We've got this."

"I don't think I'll be much help in this case, you guys." Kaito admitted. "That's fine, we have a lot of info." I looked to my right and saw Himiko's unusually expressive face. "Who did it? Who killed Angie and Tenko?" I felt this scary aura radiating off of the small girl.

"Our culprit... might not be someone that's here." Tsumugi said. I shook my head. "Whether that resurrection ritual was real or not, nobody got summoned from the dead. When we investigated Angie's lab, we found the Necronomicon, and it clearly states that you're supposed to burn it and sprinkle the ashes on the effigy."

Tsumugi made a sigh of relief. "That's good." I looked at Kaito. "Calm down, Kaito. Nobody came back from the dead." He nodded and looked down. "But who killed Angie and Tenko?" Gonta asked. I thought for a moment.

"Well, both were clearly killed at two very separate times. Miu spoked up. "Alright, I'm not sure who killed Tenko, but I'm pretty damn sure I know who killed Angie!" She pointed at Kiyo. "You!"

He looked rather surprised. "What?"

Why did he sound so defensive?

"Don't play dumb with me, creepshow!" Miu yelled. "I already know what happened!" Miu cleared her throat. "The culprit used a katana to kill Angie! And it was found in Kiyo's research lab. Which makes you, Kiyo, automatically suspicious!"

Kiyo pulled his hat down. "But anyone could've taken that katana, you see." He was right, only Angie's research lab locks. "So that rusty katana was the murder weapon!" Kokichi said. "You were the only one that cared about that thing, Kiyo."

"I didn't care about some katana." He claimed.

"Just admit it!" Miu accused. "You went to the lab, broke in and murdered Angie!" Shuichi tilted his head. "I thought only student council members were allowed in?" I nodded.

"So the culprit has to be one of the student council members." Kaito concluded. "The remaining student council members are Tsumugi, Kiibo, Gonta, and Himiko." Kiyo stated. Oh yeah, Tenko and Angie were both part of the student council.

"Well it can't be Himiko. Her and Tenko were besties!" Kokichi said. "I trust their friendship! You guys do too, right?" I nodded. "From the horrified look on Himiko's face, I could tell that she didn't expect it to happen." Kiibo was still suspicious. "Can we really trust their friendship?"