Genesis

You watched as he walked back through the door leading to the roof and into building. You remembered what you saw when that device was put on your head.

~Flashback~

"Here they are..." The man examined you closely, making you back away. "Feisty, huh?" He stood up straight and blew a smoke ring at your face. "You're perfect~"

~End Flashback~

Wincing, you held your head and shut your eyes. Your eyes watered as you opened them. "Why...?"

You looked up. "Chiaki, what are you doing?" She was hovering above you, on her back, as if she were lying in the grass while stargazing. She didn't answer and you assumed she fell asleep. You sighed and got up to go back inside.

You peaked inside the room where everyone was sleeping, and saw Kokichi finally sleeping. Quietly, you walked up to his bed and pulled the blanket up to his neck. "I'm hungry..." You walked to the kitchen and grabbed a cookie.

"What're you doing?" You glanced at the door and met eyes with Kazuichi. "Ea'ing a cukie." He sighed. "Man, didn't know you stayed up late." You swallowed. "I do."

"Yes, I can see that."

"Do you need something?"

"Yeah, I'm hungry."

"Oh."

"What did you think I wanted?"

"Food."

"Then why'd you ask?"

"To make sure."

You tossed him a cookie, which he failed to catch, but you sped towards him and caught the cookie in the palm of your hand. "Oh well, you're not the Ultimate Baseball Player or anything." You placed the cookie in his hand and sat at the dining table.

"So... what's your deal?" You furrowed your brow. "What do you mean?" Kazuichi sighed and leaned on the table. "Man, you are so clueless." He walked up to the fridge and reached inside to get a soda.

"You shouldn't be drinking that this late."

"What're you, my mom?"

He opened the can and had a sip. "That purple haired gremlin doesn't give a crap about your past, or your strength, or anything." He told you. "To be honest, I think he's more worried about how you feel about him than anything. You aren't really being too open about it."

Kazuichi put the still opened can back in the fridge. "While being alive with powers is great and all, I don't think it changes how he feels about you. I should know." He pointed to himself. "I'm kind of a love expert."

You looked him up and down. "It doesn't take the Ultimate Psychologist to know you're not." His face dropped as you walked out of the dining room, another cookie in your hand.

"So rude!"

"I'm honest, nothing you can do about it."

"Ugh... you're like Miss Sonia..."

"Gorgeous? Thanks."

"That's not what I meant!"

You shut the door to the dining room and walked to the basement. "Hey, can I have some?" You looked up and saw Chiaki following you from above. "Yeah, sure." Then you remembered that Chiaki can't eat. "Hey! Don't try to fool me!"

.

.

.

The next day, you woke up last and saw that you were the only one left in the room. There was a plate of pancakes on your side table with a little note on the side.