Investigating is an Art

"What are you talking about, Tsumugi?" She looked at all of us. "Angie was conducting a ritual. What if the student came back to life and killed her?" Kaito had this horrified look on his face.

"Kaito, I think you need some fresh air." I said. He nodded and walked outside. "Alright, let's check the Monokuma File."

I turned it on and read it aloud for everyone to hear. "The victim was Angie Yonoga, the Ultimate Artist. The body was found in the Ultimate Artist's lab. The time of death is approximately two in the morning. The cause of death was a stab wound in the back of the head. The forehead also had laceration."

"It gave the time of death this time." Maki said. "It was at 2:00am and everyone should've been sleeping. We can't rely on testimonies for this case." Shuichi said.

"I can't investigate Angie's body." I looked at Himiko. She looked distressed. I knelt down in front of her. "And you won't have to. You can investigate somewhere else, okay?"

She didn't answer. "If you think you're so great, why don't you use your 'magic' to revive Angie?!" Miu yelled.

"Stop with the comments! Resurrecting Angie is clearly impossible!" Kiibo scolded.

"We can't say that for certainty." We all looked at Kiyo. "Of course, resurrecting her is impossible, but I know a way to talk to the dead." I remembered the Caged Child. "You mean the Caged Child seance?" I asked. He nodded.

I was concerned. How do we know that this isn't as dangerous as the resurrection ritual. "Shuichi, Maki, you guys investigate here. Kiyo, if you wish to perform the Caged Child seance, be sure to ask someone to help. I don't want anyone to be alone." Everyone nodded. "What will you be doing?" I looked down at Himiko. "I'll help with outside investigations."

"Well, for the seance, I will need a completely dark room." Kiyo said. "How about the empty rooms on the fourth floor?" Himiko suggested. Himiko, Kokichi, Kiibo, Tenko, and I helped Kiyo set up the seance in the middle empty room. "Are you sure this is going to work?" I asked. Kiyo nodded. "There's no way it couldn't."

I sighed and stood up. "Actually... I'm going to go back to Angie's lab." Tenko grabbed my arm. "Take this." She took off her necklace and handed it to me. "It might get caught while we're doing it." I nodded and walked away.

I was getting weird chills from being in that room.

I went back to Angie's lab and talked to Shuichi. "Have you investigated the body yet?" He shook his head. "We've been asking everyone questions."

I knelt down next to Angie's body. "Well, there does seem to be a laceration on her forehead." I said, elevating her head with my hand. I felt like vomiting. I don't know what made this case different from the others. Everything was just surrounded by unsettling energy. "The stab at the back of her neck seems to be... three inches in." I said, tilting Angie's head gently. "So she was attacked from behind."

Maki nodded. "It was probably a sneak attack." I turned Angie's head again. "But the injury in her forehead and the stab wound in her neck seem like they were made by a different weapon." I said. "Did the culprit switch weapons midway?" Maki put her finger on her chin. "It's possible..."

I put my hand under Angie and I felt something sticky, but not sticky enough to stick onto my hand. I pulled it out from under her. "Duct tape?" I showed it to Shuichi. "It seems to have a little bit of Angie's hair stuck to it." I put it to the side and continued feeling around Angie's body. "Nothing seems to be missing, so there was no motive of stealing." I muttered. I looked at my hands and clothes. They were clean, so the blood was dry.

"This is the Necronomicon." Shuichi said, holding it up. Him and Maki opened it and read the instructions to see what Angie was trying to do. "After making the effigies, burn the Necronomicon to ashes." Shuichi read aloud. "Ashes? But it looks pretty intact." I said.