The Real Truth

Okay, so... I kinda forgot that I promised I would make the next chapter today... so... it's kinda short. Oopsie.

"You'll have to figure that out yourself." Tsumugi answered.

Shuichi placed his hand over his mouth to think. "Tsumugi, you said you can only cosplay people that are fictional, right?" Tsumugi nodded. "W-wait, then how are you cosplaying Junko?!" Himiko asked. Tsumugi smirked and turned into Hajime Hinata. "Agh! H-he was part of the Jabberwock Island killing game!" K1-B0 remarked.

Tsumugi giggled. "That's right!" She then turned into Junko again. "But... you can only cosplay fictional characters..." Kaede recalled. "How are you cosplaying real people?" Tsumugi turned back to herself and pushed up her glasses. "Why don't you figure it out?"

Shuichi watched as Tsumugi changed into different people from past killing games. "Th-that means... all the students who participated in past killing games..." His eyes widened. "Were fictional?!" Tsumugi cackled. "Yep! None of them existed!"

"Of course, they were real people, but their personalities definitely weren't! I mean, come on, do you really think I'd be able to instill despair into people who wanted to be in a killing game?" The room went silent, and the air felt like it was pushing down on them. Tsumugi, however, seemed to feel the opposite.

Her eyes now glowed blue as she grinned at her "classmates." "You were all normal people, living in the outside world." The screens glitched and showed a bunch a of strangers. "And you were all fans of Danganronpa, just like them." Tenko pressed her lips together, nervously. "W-what are you talking about?" Kaito asked.

"Well, you knew that this was being broadcasted, right? Who would use a boring name like 'Killing Game?' Obviously, we had to think of something way cooler than that, so that's how Danganronpa was made... and you're all in it!" The aura radiating from Tsumugi was like none before. She was normally the shy, sweet girl that no one really spoke to... but now, she released her inner monster.

"W-we were forced into this killing game.. to entertain others?" Kaede stuttered. Tsumugi changed into Leon Kuwata, and scratched the back of her head. "Well... I wouldn't say forced..." The monitors darkened, and glitched a bit before showing Shuichi, but in a school uniform. "W-what?" Shuichi stuttered as the person on the screen's mouth began to move.

"Number 154. My name is @#%*! I've always been a huge fan of Danganronpa and... I've always wanted to be in a killing game. If I were a contestant... I'd wanna be the Ultimate Detective. I know there's been some in the past, and they've always been my favourites. But, none of them have ever been the blackened before... and I really want to be the first. Of course, I don't have to be a detective. I'll be anything if it means I'll be part of Danganronpa. And I promise to work as hard as I can!"

Himiko sighed. "That's no so ba-" "I'll try my best to commit the most gruesome murders! Everyone will love it! I'm also thinking about the perfect punishment for the Ultimate Detective!" The room fell silent once more as the monitor darkened. "W-wait... that can't be true... I'd never s-say something like that..." Shuichi claimed.

"Well, the you now wouldn't." Monokuma stated. Tsumugi began drooling with obessession. "But... your audition tape got us thinking... the weakest Ultimate Detective ever. There'd be so much room for character development!" Monokuma giggled. "You all were so excited when you got picked!"

Tsumugi turned into Peko Pekoyama. "You found out after you got your Ultimate Wardrobe. You were all so excited." She then changed to Aoi Asahina. "You wouldn't remember because of the Flashback Lights, but you all looked like you won the lottery." Her eyes travelled to your portrait. "Of course, that means all your personalities are fake as well!"

"Kaito's sickness, Tenko's protectiveness, even your feelings, Maki! All were lies!" Tsumugi looked at Shuichi, then Kaede. "And Kaede's line was a lie as well. You know, when you said that Shuichi should believe in himself like you believe in him? Or.. something like that. Wanna know what you really said?"

"I'm perfect for the killing game. I don't have any faith in humanity."

Kaede brought her hands to her mouth. "Oh! And don't forget Kaito's inspiring line!" Tsumugi exclaimed. "'Don't forget! The impossible is possible! All you gotta do is make it so!' Ah, so inspiring. Well, that was a lie, too! He really said,"

"I'm not just gonna be in Danganronpa. I'm gonna kill everybody and win! Once I got fame and fortune, I don't gotta worry about what's impossible!"

Kaito gritted his teeth. "You..." Tsumugi cackled. "Everything that has happened in these walls... ALL OF IT WAS A LIE!" The monitors turned on again and played everyone's auditions. They all stared to the ground as each other's voices ringed in their ears. "LIES! THEY WERE ALL LIES!" Suddenly, a silver blur flew past her face, making her mouth shut in surprise. "W-what was that?!" Monokuma got down from his throne and looked over at the wall. "It's a knife." He examined as it stuck out of the wall. Maki looked up. "Wh-what?"

"Y/N, you could've killed her!" Kiyo's sister scolded. You turned away from Tsumugi. "From the way everyone's faces looked, and the fact that she was the only one smiling, I can tell she's doing something annoying." You went through the wall, agitated, while Kiyo's sister followed.

"Where... where did that even come from?" Rantaro wondered, looking to where the knife got thrown from. Tsumugi shut her eyes. "Wherever it came from doesn't matter. No matter who threw it, it was their fictional reflexes." She noticed the silence in the room, almost no reaction from what just occurred.

"What's wrong? Weren't you going to fight for the truth and end this killing game? Or have you succumb to despair? Just. Like. The world. Wants." Tsumugi explained that the world... wanted despair. They needed it. However, this didn't seem to make anyone seem more interested.

"That's it, I'm gonna-" "Y/N, no!" Kiyo's sister held you back by the waist as you were about to charge at Tsumugi. "What? Ghosts can't kill the living!" Kiyo's sister moved back in attempts to make you leave the trial room. "N-not normally, but I think you're a different case!" You saw everyone's despair filled faces and stopped. "There's something... showing up onscreen."

"Oh! I'm don't know if you noticed, but there was one person you didn't see the audition of!" Tsumugi remembered.

Everyone looked up. "Ah! That seemed to get your attention. Play the video!" The monitor brightened up, and everyone's eyes widened once they saw that familiar face. "Number 1... My name is Y/N L/N."