Meetings 2

Kokichi seemed to be giving off "lying vibes" since Shuichi, Kaede, and Keebo didn't seem to believe a thing he said. "Kokichi probably has no secret organization. He did claim to be a liar after all!" Kaede pointed out. "Just leave him alone. He's far more of a suspicious person than me, that's for sure." Kokichi looked at Keebo. "Well, of course you're not a suspicious person, because robots aren't people, silly!" Keebo seemed to be getting angry, which is a bit concerning since he's a robot that could possibly blow up this room. "Oh, are you mad? Are you going to hit me with a rocket punch?"

I stepped in front of Kokichi. "What about we just calm down." Keebo waved his hands in front of him. "Don't worry, Y/N. I don't have that function." Kokichi sighed. "Aw, man. You're boring." I looked at Kokichi. "Do you want to get rocket punched?" I asked him, slightly concerned.

We walked out and left Kokichi and Keebo with their... honestly, I don't know what they were doing. As we walked through the halls, I got a familiar eerie vibe from the red tripwire on the windows, although, I'm not quite sure why it felt familiar. I'm not quite sure what kind of situation other than this one would make me feel this way either.

"Guys, look!" Kaede walked up to some stairs leading to the basement. "I don't know, Kaede. It might be dangerous." I whispered. "Alright, then Shuichi can go first!" Right, because when it's dangerous, let someone else go first.

"Shuichi, are you okay with walking in front?" I asked. He nodded, so we all went down the stairs, Shuichi in the front and Kaede and I following close behind.

We looked around the basement and I found a door. I moved some plants growing on the wall to see the name of the room. "Library..." I read aloud. "Let's check inside!" Kaede pushed open the door and saw all the books, none of which were organized on shelves. "It's a bit messy in here." Shuichi stated. "Are you a neat freak?" Kaede jokes. "No, I was just wondering if someone was using it before us."

I looked around and found a girl with red eyes and brown hair amongst the tall bookshelves. "Hello there..." I greeted, trying not to startle her. Kaede walked up behind me. "Are you an Ultimate student, too?" The girl looked at us and replied, "Yeah, that's right." She's not the talkative type as far as I can tell.

"I'm Kaede Akamatsu, the Ultimate Pianist."

"I'm Y/N L/N, the Ultimate Psychologist." Shuichi came behind us. "I'm Shuichi Saihara, the Ultimate Detective."

The girl straightened up. "I'm Maki Harukawa, the Ultimate Child Caregiver." I gave her a crooked smile. "I can tell by your facial expressions that you're not too fond of kids."

She looked at me with a shocked expression. "You are definitely the Ultimate Psychologist. Yeah, I don't like kids. The kids just come to me on their own." I tilted my head. "Since you don't like kids, I'm guessing you didn't quite choose to be a child caregiver?"

Maki nodded. "I grew up in an orphanage and got saddled with helping out a lot." She held one of her pigtails. "By the way, do you know anything about the Monokubs?" Shuichi asked. "Yeah! Someone's gotta be controlling them! Any idea who it might be?" Kaede added. She seems to agree with Shuichi a lot.

"How would I know?" Good point.

"Hey, boy detective, shouldn't you have figured out what's going on already?" Maki asked.

"Well, no matter how great of a detective you are, without evidence you can't find out anything."

"Who cares about stuffed animals? We should just find a way to escape!" Kaede exclaimed.

"You really think we can escape? Kidnapping Ultimates from across the country isn't easy, so I don't think these people would make it easy for us to escape either." Maki reminded. "Don't worry, we'll figure it out." I glanced at the door. "Do you want to stay in the library or...?" Maki looked down. "I'll look through these books real quick." I nodded and we left the library.