Gifts

You left the trial grounds and went to Kiibo's research lab. "What are you doing?" Kiyo's sister asked as she flew after you. You sat down on the floor and pulled out a long piece of floral fabric. "He likes Japanese cuisine, but he can't really eat..." You pulled out a needle and thread. "I'm not the best at sewing, but he wanted this."

After a while of going back and fourth, trying to get Kiibo's measurements, you finally finished the kimono. It had messy stitching, and the sleeves weren't exactly the same size, but you were rather proud of it. "This is what he wanted?" Kiyo's sister asked. "Is he not a robot? Doesn't he want blasters or something?" You nodded. "Yep, this is what he wants."

You neatly folded the kimono and brought it to Kokichi's room and put it in a bag. "Is that all?" Kiyo's sister asked. You shook your head. "Everyone needs something!" You went to the Kaede's research lab and took one of the blank music sheet. "Would you mind playing the note as I write?" Kiyo's sister nodded and sat down at the piano.

As you told her the notes, you teared up and remembered when you were sitting on the stage... and fell asleep to Kaede's music. "Are you alright? You suddenly went silent." You nodded and wrote down the final note. "I'll just scribble something on the back." You wrote a note and went back to Kokichi's room, putting the music sheet in the bag.

You then went to Ryoma's room and picked up his motive video. "I wonder how you can change..." You asked Kiyo's sister to get a screwdriver and once she handed it to you, you opened the Kubz Pad. You gently took out the chip that made the Kubz Pad play the video when it's pressed. "Do you... know how to do this?" Kiyo's sister asked. You guiltily shook your head. "But, there are a lot of books in the library about it."

As you were flipping through the pages of a book, you looked up at Kiyo's sister. "Have you ever thought about secretly making gifts for people?" Kiyo's sister shook her head. "I don't really have the same mindset as you." You looked back down at the book you were reading and figured out how to change the video that would play on the Kubz Pad.

As you were putting the new video into the Kubz Pad, you paused and looked up at Kiyo's sister, who was floating near the ceiling. "How come you are barely doing anything?" You asked. She looked down. "It's odd... when you die, you can't freely move things around like you are right now. I wonder what's different about you." You tilted your head, but looked back at the Kubz Pad. "It should work now."

You pressed on the video and smiled as everyone showed up on the screen. "There..." You whispered. You went through the wall and gently placed the Kubz Pad in the bag. You quickly flew to Gonta's room and searched around. "I left something... here!" You picked up a few paper butterflies on the floor. "This should be enough."

Kiyo's sister tilted her head as she followed you to the kitchen, where you got an empty jar and washed it out. You took wax from Angie's research lab and used it to stick the butterflies to the jar's cover. "Oh, it looks like a small scenery." Kiyo's sister pointed out. You nodded as you went back to Kokichi's room and put the jar in the bag.

You quickly checked the trial grounds and saw that Shuichi was having a bit of trouble. You saw the word "trapped" leave someone's mouth and you assumed they were talking about past memories. You flew next to Shuichi and whispered the page number in his ear and flew back. "You're quite odd." Kiyo's sister told you. "The dead aren't necessarily supposed to be heard, at least not like that."

You looked back at her and smiled. "I guess I'm a special case then!" You finished everyone's gifts and put a finger over your mouth. "I wonder... what will happen when this is all over?" Kiyo's sister shrugged. "It's hard to guess. But I'm sure they'll be happy." You smiled and shut your eyes.

"That's good."