The Avocado and the Kork

"Alright...." Kiyo looked away. "Are you sure that he will say yes?"

You leaned back on the couch with a grin. "I know he will. We've known each other for almost twenty years, it's rare that I'm wrong about him." You moved Kiyo's hair from one of his eyes, as if you were a parent. "Don't worry... he really cares about you."

Kokichi walked into the living room, a surprised expression on his face. "Y-You're still awake?"

"Yeah...?"

"It's... It's 8:00 in the morning."

Kiyo got up in a panic. "Oh, Rantaro may have woken up already. I thank you for the advice." With a small bow, Kiyo left the apartment and went across the hall to his own.

"Anyways, Kokichi, how do you feel about going shopping later?"

Kokichi deadpanned. "Again? Didn't we just go shopping yesterday?" You shook your head aggressively. "Not for stuff like that! Kiyo and I have a plan. I just need to find the nearest scrubs spot, different from the last one we chose."

"Huh? Why the nearest?"

You sighed. "Well, Rantaro... doesn't like cars. He says you 'miss so much when you're in them'. He's only ever been in one when he's helping someone."

Kokichi furrowed his brow. "Doesn't he have a driver's license...?" You shook your head. "I do. But ironically, he's a better driver."

"He just has steadier hands." Kokichi teased. "When you're nervous, both your hands and legs shake."

With a sigh, you leaned back. "S-Sorry about that, by the way."

"About what?"

"You know, always having to help me..." Kokichi intertwined his fingers with yours and smirked. "The Supreme Leader doesn't use up his time to help just anybody, Mind Reader."

You smiled a little and leaned on his shoulder. "Alright..." 

.

"Oh Kiyo!" You sang, opening the apartment door. Kiyo looked up. "Oh, Y/N. Good afternoon. Rantaro is out right now, so it should be the proper time to go shopping."

Kokichi leaned on the door frame. "Well? Come on, the car's in the parking lot." You and Kiyo looked over. "Our car... is always in the parking lot...."

"We live in the same apartment complex."

"Yeah, but it feels cooler that way."

You smiled. "Okay, okay. Kiyo, come on." You took his arm and pulled him to his feet. "To the mall!"

...

"Okay, so, I have a list of things that Rantaro likes." You said, walking through the mall with Kiyo and Kokichi on either side. "Hm... while he doesn't seem like it, he likes the basic romance like flowers and lanterns and such. Right Kokichi?"

Kokichi nodded. "He asked if I wanted to get you flowers, but nobody knew your favourite. Besides, we were already going to a cherry blossom tree clearing."

Kiyo grazed his finger on his chin. "It seems like he enjoys beautiful scenery, and the average romantic gestures."

"Mmhm." You scanned your list and pressed your finger against one of the words. "His favourite flowers are peonies and hydrangea... although he doesn't know the names."

Kokichi raised a brow. "How are they his favourite flowers if he doesn't know they're name?"

"He just describes them as 'that one flower that looks like a bunch of flowers making a sphere' and... well, he knows what peonies are." You sighed. "Well, we'll see which one is available."