The Final Trial

"Alright, now onto the real reason this trial was requested." Monokuma stated. The determined aura in the room was now nonexistent, and replaced with despair. Normally, you would be there to lift everyone's spirits, but right now, even Kaede felt defeated. "As much as I love the despair right now, this is getting kinda booorrriinngg." Monokuma slurred.

Kaede shook her head. "We can't let despair take over us! Y/N brought us all back for us to work together, so that's what we'll do!" Everyone looked up and nodded, a hint of determination now present in their eyes. "Right! Y/N's death won't go in vain!" Tenko stated.

"Now, Shuichi. You're the one who requested this trial. When you requested this trial, you were unaware of Y/N's death." Monokuma recalled. "So why did you call for this trial?" Shuichi's eyebrows furrowed. "To retry a past case." Tsumugi tilted her head. "Which one?"

"Rantaro's." Everyone looked at the green-haired boy. "H-huh? Why mine?" Rantaro wondered. "Well, I- or... mainly Y/N- had found evidence that proved... that our answer was wrong." The room fell silent. "You're saying... Monokuma was wrong?!" Kiibo asked. Monokuma pulled out a detonator. However, he froze once he saw an all too familiar figure come through the floor.

"U-uh, fine! If you think you can end this killing game for trying to point out a failure of mine, so be it!" A wave of confusion came throughout the room. Monokuma had suddenly agreed to the retrial of Rantaro Amami.

"Alright, so from what I could tell, none of the previously deceased recall anything that happened after their death. They only have the memories they had when they died." Shuichi pointed out. Maki nodded. "Yes, it would appear so. But, what does that have to do with the first case?" Shuichi reminded that Rantaro couldn't remember his Ultimate Talent.

"Y-yeah, as a matter of fact, I can't remember it now either." Rantaro admitted. Shuichi shook his head. "It's nothing to be ashamed about. We only found out just before this trial. Rantaro... is the Ultimate Survivor. He became the Ultimate Survivor after surviving a past killing game, then got his memories wiped to participate in this one." Rantaro suddenly heard a loud ringing in his ears. He winced and pressed both of his hands against his ears.

"Rantaro, are you alright?" Kirumi asked. Rantaro had his eyes shut and his teeth gritted as a piercing pain came through his skull. "Y-yeah, I'm fine... just keep going." Kirumi nodded and turned back to Shuichi. "Alright, we thought that Rantaro had mistakenly found the hidden door when we first saw him open it in the photos. However, Rantaro actually had a perk, called the Survivor's Perk."

Rantaro, who had finally had the ringing in his ears stop, nodded. "Y-yeah, I had gotten it from Monokuma and there was a map of the academy on it. There was also a video I think I made. Did you see it?" Shuichi nodded. "Did you ever share the information with anyone?"

Rantaro nodded and looked at your portrait. "I'm not sure why... but Y/N seemed trustable. And they were." He smiled and looked down. "That's why they asked you to turn off the security sensors." Kaede remembered the incident. "Why did you go to the hidden room in the first place?" Rantaro scratched the back of his head. "Well, I thought that the mastermind would be in the hidden room just before the time ran out... I guess I never really saw the answer to that question."

Kaede looked to the ground guiltily. "But, the thing is.... I wasn't entirely sure if I could trust myself. I told Y/N since they seemed like the last person who would be suspicious of me. I don't remember filming the video, so I didn't know if it was fabricated by Monokuma." Shuichi nodded. "You must have been so lost, huh?" Rantaro nodded and admitted that since the time limit was almost up, he may as well check the hidden room.

"So you went to the library without consulting any of us?" Kirumi confirmed. Rantaro nodded and looked at your portrait. "I didn't really know what to do... but Shuichi had Kaede, while I had Y/N. Y/N, however, wasn't with me." Kaede crossed her arms. "Do you know what they said when they found out you died?"