Korekiyo's Execution

Dissociative Personality Disorder, when one maintains more than one personality, normally caused by trauma like abuse, heavy combat, etc. It seemed like that was what this was, but at the same time it... didn't?

"Kiyo... why did you have to kill both Angie and Tenko?" Himiko asked.

"I did it... for the one I love." I tilted my head. "And who would that be?"

"I guess I can tell you, since we are friends. I love her with all my heart, and she loves me with all of hers. We vowed an endless love together, bound by fate. None can come between us. We are bound by an intense love." For some reason, I don't like where this is going. "I'm guessing it has nothing to do with escaping."

"I have no need. The one that I love... is inside." Well both figuratively and literally, apparently. "Yes, the one that I love is inside of me. My dearest sister!"

....what.

"Y-your sister?! But didn't you say she was your lover?" Tsumugi asked.

"Is it not clear? My sister is my lover. The fact that we are siblings... did not matter to us. They called it forbidden love, but none could stop the love we shared."

Sweetie... THIS IS VERY DIFFERENT.

"Oh, how I long for my sister's warmth. It was the only time I felt at peace. So I killed for her."

"Why?" Shuichi asked. "Ever since she was little, she was in and out of the hospital, so she couldn't make many friends. So I thought I'd find some friends. Some friends for my dear deceased sister."

I think I understand the motives behind the killing, but it also seems rather irrational at the same time.

"So... you killed people... so they would be her friends?"

He nodded.

"Yes, Korekiyo. I am very happy. Thanks to you, I'm not alone." Wait, so the lady is... "I'm Korekiyo's sister. Thank you for looking after my little brother."

Kaito, you have my permission to freak out.

"When she died, I almost went mad." Almost? "But she visited me during one of my seances, and she stayed inside me."

"That's wonderful, Korekiyo. Your love made the impossible possible." Kiyo turned back into... well Kiyo and I looked him in the eye. "Kiyo... are you sure your sister is... good for you?"

I thought back at how she spoke to Kiyo, and the way Kiyo reacted. She was demanding, but not forceful. And Kiyo didn't have his usual... confidence? In his voice. It was a sort of manipulative voice; calm so she didn't sound intimidating, but her words did not match her tone.

"I thank you for your concern, but I believe that I will be fine with my sister." I was kind of worried. His sister just gives off a weird vibe, and not only because this is totally messed up.

"IT'S PUNISHMENT TIME!" Monokuma said. Kiyo faced me. "I guess I can add to your collection then." He took off his necklace and put it in my hand. "Thank you for taking care of my brother." His sister said. "Y-you're welcome?"

Kiyo was dragged away before I could say goodbye.

Despite all this, I was worried for him. He appeared before us, suspended in the air and tied up.

"W-what the.." He was spun around vigorously by Monophanie and Monotaro, then the rope suspending him in the air was cut and he fell down into a boiling pot.

I stepped forward, but Kaito's hand held me back.

I held Kiyo's necklace as blood spilled out of Kiyo's eyes. He was slowly being boiled... alive. He eventually sank into the pot and we saw his spirit ascend into the sky. I saw his sister reach out to him.

But then... Monokuma and her started throwing salt at him! A hand clasped over my eyes. "W-what, KAITO?!" Once I was able to see again... Kiyo was gone. I knew his sister was bad news. I looked down at the necklace he had given me and clutched it.

"Himiko, are you okay? Gonta can help!" I shook my head. "I think we should leave her be."

Kokichi smiled. "God, Himiko's such a liar! Honestly, I think lies are all fun and good. But... lying to yourself isn't exactly a good thing. Himiko's been repressing her feelings for a while now." I sighed. "Kokichi, you can't-" Himiko suddenly began to cry.

"Tenko... Angie... I'm so lonely!" She sobbed. "I'm so lonely without you! B-but I gotta survive! I... still can't go where you are!" I embraced her into a hug, but as if it were a disease... we all began crying. Why had everything come to this?

After a while, Himiko's tears ceased. She gave me a pleading look and I handed her another handkerchief that I had so she could wipe away her tears.

She had been crying for a long time, and I felt like she needed some water or something. I wiped away my own tears, and proceeded to help others with theirs. Soon enough, we were all going to our dormitories.

It was a nice night out, but as I looked at the stars, I remembered Kiyo. What was his deal, anyway? He seemed so vulnerable when his sister spoke to him. I wanted to know why, but it's too late now.

I stopped and turned around. "Kaito, are you alright?" He nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." I crossed my arms and looked at him. "Kaito, don't lie to the Ultimate Psychologist. What's wrong?" He still looked sick, but I don't think it's for the same reason as before. "Come on, I have water in my research lab."

We went into the school, and went to my research lab. He sat on the couch as I searched for the pack of water bottles.

"Where is- whoa there!" I kept Kaito's head up. He looked like he was about to faint. "Sh-Shuichi's right... your reflexes are kind of scary." He said this rather weakly.

I pulled out a water bottle. "Just have a drink." As he did so, I took a small bucket in the corner of the room and as his lips disconnected from the water bottle, I threw it under him and he coughed.

Blood landed in the bucket as I widened my eyes in shock and concern. "K-Kaito..." "Don't tell anyone about this." He said. "I'm not going to die here."

I nodded, hesitantly as we returned to the dormitories. But instead of going to mine.

"Kokichi?" I knocked on his door again. "Who is- oh, Y/N. What's up?" I fiddled with my fingers. "C-can I sleep with you tonight?" I expected him to decline, but he invited me in. "You look worried, but I won't ask about it." He said. My hands were freezing, so he held them in his to warm them up. I was able to peacefully sleep.

Do you have an endless amount of handkerchiefs? Probably. Don't ask too much about it. It really doesn't add to the story.