The Mysterious Victim

It was the next day, and we were all gathered in the dining hall. I was rather uncomfortable by the fact that everyone had weapons, but I guess it's expected since they don't know that Kokichi isn't the mastermind. At least, I hope he isn't.

Maki didn't have her electrohammer, claiming that a knife was easier. "Um... that won't work on exisal-" "I know." I bit my lip. What exactly was she planning on doing with that?

As we went to the maze with the electrobomb Maki had stolen from Kokichi when she choked him, I had this strange feeling in my stomach.

Once we arrived at the exisal hangar, I felt my hands shaking and thought about what was inside.

What was Kokichi planning to do once we broke inside?

Maki turned on the electrobomb and it disabled the alarm system, allowing Shuichi to go up to the control panel. Maki lifted the shutter, and my eyes widened.

The once motionless hydraulic press was now down... crushing somebody's body.

I saw Kaito's jacket, and I teared up. I fell to my knees, unable to hold myself up. Please.... please be someone else. I shut my eyes and tears began falling. I couldn't form words, let alone sentences.

I sobbed and cried as I held my chest, trying to steady my breathing. "If Monokuma's still moving, then that means Kokichi's still alive... and the one under there is-" I covered my ears. No. It's not either of them. This is just a sick prank. SOMEONE WAKE ME UP!

I felt a hand rest on my back. "Let's just investigate, okay?" I heard the familiar voice of the detective and I solemnly nodded bringing myself to my feet. We were given the Monokuma File... but I didn't even want to look. I knew that it wouldn't tell us the culprit.

I walked out of the exisal hangar. "I-I'm going to s-search for K-Kaito or Kokichi." I barely whispered. Shuichi nodded as I left and stood at the entrance for a moment.

I had to wipe away my tears and help out.

Suddenly, I heard metal clanging behind me. "Kiibo?" I saw the robot swaying as he walked towards me. "Ah, you got affected... by... the... electrobomb." He nodded as I helped him straighten up. The electrobomb... disables all electronic appliances.

I knew nobody knew about Kokichi's plan, but I'm still not sure if he was telling the truth. He avoided eye contact, so it was hard to tell.

I ran back to the exisal hangar. "Y-Y/N?" I went up to the hydraulic press' control panel. I pressed the button. I looked near the hydraulic press and saw a black item sprawling across the floor. "Shuichi, what's that?"

He walked to where I was pointing. "It's a cord." I jumped down and knelt down beside him. "This cord is too finely cut to be an accident."

I glanced back at the control panel and saw the safety notice. The hydraulic press was supposed to have a safety function, but it didn't stop despite there being a body under it. But that doesn't confirm what this cord was for. All I know is that this definitely wasn't an accident.

"Shuichi, where was Kaito when we were talking to him last night?" I looked up at Shuichi. "He was in the washroom." I turned my head towards the washroom door and saw a trail of blood coming from the washroom and to the hydraulic press. I'm guessing that's the victim's blood.

I walked over to the washroom with Shuichi following behind me.

Once I opened the door, I saw the mess on the floor. There was the crossbow from Maki's lab, a bottle, and an arrow from the crossbow.

I knelt down near the bottle and picked it up. All I could read was "poison", while the rest was covered in blood. "Shuichi, how big would you say Kaito's hands are?" Shuichi tilted his head. "U-um, a bit bigger than mine. What are you looking at?"