Your Backstory 2

It was the next day, at lunch time. You were waiting by the cafeteria's door for a certain blonde girl.

You saw her walking down the hall, gripping her sleeves, nervously. "Hey Kaede!" You greeted. She nodded in response and you led her inside.

"What do you want?" She looked up at the cafeteria's menu. "It's not like I can afford it anyways. I usually take money from the purple haired brat."

You looked at Kaede. "Well, I can spare some money. Just say what you want and I'll get it for you." You paid for her lunch and handed her the tray. "Our table is over here, come on!"

Dragging her by the arm, you brought her to the table you're normally at. "U-uh, Y/N..." Maki stuttered, nervously.

You waved an arm in reassurance. "She won't do anything, trust me." You sat down and she sat down next to you. "Hey Kokichi." He waved at you, but seemed to be more focused on Kaede, sitting on the opposite side of you.

You gently elbowed her as she was eating, and used your head to signal that she should greet everyone. "H-hey..." She greeted, awkwardly. Everyone waved back. "So..." You began in an attempt to start a conversation. "I saw you playing piano during your free period."

Kaede looked at you. "How creepy are you?" You rolled your eyes.

"Well, maybe you should disconnect the piano from the speaker if you don't want people to hear." The table erupted with laughter. Everyone was speaking together, as if Kaede had been sitting with you all since the first day.

You felt a hand brush up against yours and looked to your left, to see Kokichi nervously eating the food you had bought him. You stood up. "I'm going to quickly go to the bathroom." Once you left, Kaede and Kokichi were left sitting next to each other.

"So... how was.. your day?" Kaede attempted to ask. Kokichi looked down at his lap.

"It was fine. Y/N was helping during class." Kaede nodded and looked at the table she used to sit at. "They seem to do that quite frequently."

Everyone at the table nodded. Kirumi looked at Rantaro. "I saw you with Y/N when school first started. How long have you known them?"

Rantaro thought for a moment. "Well, since we were five. They were at the playground, trying to climb a tree... surprisingly they actually got up."

Tenko's eyes lit up. "When they were five? That's so cool!" Himiko nodded and continued to silently eat her food. She had the lines of the play next to her, which she was trying to read.

"You should try the leading part!" You had urged. "You'll do great!"

Kirumi smiled. "Y/N seemed to have encouraged Himiko to take the leading role in our play." Rantaro nodded. "Sounds like something they'd do. They push people out of their comfort zone, but not so far that they'll fall. Somehow, they manage to do it every time."

Kaede hummed in agreement and rested her head in her hand. "They did the same to me yesterday. They straight out brought me to the shopping mall as if we've known each other for years."

Ryoma tilted his head. "How do they have so much money to spare?" Rantaro chuckled once he realized you hadn't told anyone. "They're the child of the richest person in the city." All heads turned to him. "They.. what?!" Kiibo asked. "I'm surprised they aren't stuck up."

Rantaro looked at his food. "Well, they've faced a lot of... humbling experiences." He muttered, grabbing everyone's attention.

You returned to the table and sat down. "If you want, I can tell you, but I'm not entirely sure what good it'll be." Rantaro pressed his lips together in concern, but you shook your head. Everyone listened intently.