Despair Disease

As you flew through the halls, you stopped and went into the training grounds, where there was a dummy. "What are you going to do with that?" You lifted the mannequin as Chiaki watched and looked at her. "I'm going to possess it."

Miu and Kazuichi were in the weapon storage trying to fix one of the vehicles when the door burst open and someone with a cloak came running inside. "There's something wrong with Kokichi. He's in the last room in the basement hallway." The person ran out and Kazuichi and Miu looked at each other. "I think we should check." Kazuichi said. Miu nodded and they both ran out of the room.

"Wait, Y/N!" You stopped, making the mannequin with the cloak fall. "The PA system!" Your eyes widened in remembrance and you and Chiaki flew to the top of the building. Before you pressed the button on the PA system, Chiaki stopped you. "Don't you think it'd be kind of weird if your voice was heard on the PA?"

You nodded and looked at the mic. Clearing your throat, you turned on the PA and in an almost perfect Ibuki impression you said, "Hey you guys! We're having a little problem with someone in the underground floor. Do you think you could check it out?" You lifted your finger as Chiaki stared in disbelief. "What? I used to hang out with Tsumugi, you know."

"U-um... Ibuki, who was that?" Mikan asked. Ibuki laughed. "I'm not sure! But they sounded concerned. Let's go!" Ibuki took her friend by the arm and pulled her to the underground floor, where almost everyone else was going.

"M-Mikan, you should- you should come." Kazuichi stuttered when Mikan and Ibuki got to the room. Mikan pushed through the small crowd of people and saw Kokichi swaying back and forth while sitting with his legs crossed. "K-Kokichi? What are- what are you doing?" Kokichi looked behind him. "Ah, Mikan! I'm listening to Y/N sing."

Mikan looked around the room, and no one was singing. Slowly, she approached Kokichi and put her hand on his forehead. Almost immediately, she stepped back and held her hand as if she just caught a disease. "N-no way, I-I thought it wasn't... real."

Nagito gently moved Hajime aside. "Mikan, I hope you don't mean..." "Nagito, c-can you please get e-everyone out of here?" Nagito nodded and motioned for everyone to move away. As he was doing that, Mikan knelt down next to Kokichi and held his shoulders so he would stop swaying. "Kokichi, u-um... Y/N is w-waiting in the next r-room. Y-you want t-to see them r-right?" Kokichi's eyes lit up and he nodded.

Mikan helped Kokichi up and walked him to the medbay in the next room. She told him to stay on the bed and walked out for a moment. "H-Hajime! C-can you and Kirumi p-please come here? And b-bring masks!"

After a few minutes, Hajime and Kirumi came with masks on, while Mikan was struggling to keep Kokichi in bed. "H-Hajime, please h-help me!" Hajime lifted his mask over his nose and held Kokichi in bed. "K-Kokichi, you need to calm down!"

Kirumi looked at the direction Kokichi was trying to get to. "It seems as though he's trying to get to the door." She walked up to it and shut the door, causing Kokichi to calm down. "Aw... you're not going to let Himiko in?" Kirumi looked at him with a perplexed expression and opened the door to check outside the room. There was no one there.

"I-It's called the d-despair disease." Mikan explained as she put a blanket over Kokichi. "I-It's when t-terrible th-things happen t-to the brain a-and the person a-affected by it f-feels some sort o-of despair." Hajime leaned on the bed and sighed. "Nagito, Ibuki, Akane, and Mikan have had it. Nagito just couldn't stop lying, and he was also heavily impacted healthwise. He was fainting, and foaming at the mouth, and he stopped breathing at one point-"

Before Hajime could continue, he shut his eyes and took a deep breath. "Ibuki was really gullible, Akane was unnecessarily emotional, and Mikan... to be honest, I'm not sure." Mikan sighed and put her hand over Kokichi's heart to check if his heart beat was steady.