35

Jungkook ran through the crowds of students in order to reach the parking lot, praying that Taehyung didn't go home after waiting for like, fifteen minutes for him. He would've reached a little earlier if he hadn't met the principal on the way and the principal wouldn't have given him a long lecture on keeping his grades good.

Finally seeing the younger leaning on a car, Jungkook stopped to catch his breadth and panted heavily. Having calmed down, he made his way to the other. But before he could do that, he saw another figure walking to him from the opposite side. Just in seconds, Jungkook knew that it was his brother.

His first instinct was to take Taehyung away from him, but he decided to listen to what he had to say to Taehyung. He knew his brother wouldn't dare to hurt Taehyung in public.

He saw the panicked expression of Taehyung when Jungwoo held his wrist and smiled slightly. 

"Taehyung baby, i miss you. Why aren't you picking up the phone?"

Taehyung slightly flinched when Jungwoo held both of his arms.

"I-i was in t-the class, S-so my phone was o-off..", he managed to say.

"Its okay, I know you are a little angry at me, thats why i am here to pick you up. We are going on a date, how does that sound?"

Look at the audacity, he's acting like nothing happened. Jungkook scoffed at his brother's words.

"Uhm, i am a l-little busy, l-lets go some o-other t-time", Taehyung tried to give a small smile, but it was clearly fake. Jungwoo pouted and held the other's waist.

"Aww baby, i literally planned the whole day for us. Please, lets go. I want to make up for what happened between us."

"P-please J-jung-woo, let's go some other time, i am really busy", Taehyung tried to pry away but the latter only tightened his grip.

His face changed from a gentle one to an angry one.

"I won't repeat Taehyung, as a good boy, you should listen to what your boyfriend says. So now, let's go and enjoy our little date yeah?"

He pulled away from him, only to grip his wrist and pull him towards his car. But his hand was swatted away by someone and he turned back to look at none other than his precious brother standing before his boyfriend.

"He said he is busy, and can't go with you, that means he can't go with you."

Jungwoo stood straight with his arms crossed and an annoyed look on his face.

"You know, i really hoped that you won't show up and ruin my plan for today."

"Well its a surprise for you then, isn't it?"

"Kook, just leave me and my boyfriend alone, you have no say in this."

Those words affected Jungkook a little. He knew, he had no say between a couple. But he had a say when his friend (atleast for now) is in an unhealthy relationship with his brother.

"I don't care, Taehyung is my friend and i won't let you force anything on him."

Jungwoo scoffed loudly and took a step closer to Jungkook.

"Don't you think you are being too overprotective kook? Are you really sure that you are just friends, not fuckbu..." 

Jungwoo couldn't finish his sentence as Jungkook landed a hard punch on his jaw, making him to stumble backwards.

He angrily huffed and pointed a finger at the now laying Jungwoo.

"Listen Jungwoo, ever throw dirt to our relationship again, and i will forget that you are my brother"

Jungwoo didn't say anything as he busied himself cleaning the blood oozing from the side of his mouth. Jungkook turned, grabbed Taehyung's hand and started to walk. 

"Wait", he heard Taehyung say and he stopped, looking at Taehyung questioningly. Taehyung just nodded his head in assurance and looked at Jungwoo. Jungkook felt Taehyung's hand tremble as he said the words 

"I-i think its over between us J-jungwoo, we are d-done."

He closed his eyes and sighed loudly.

" I am breaking up with you Jungwoo, bye" 

--------------------------

The walk to Taehyung's house was silent. Both boys having different things in mind. Their hands were still interwined.

Reaching Taehyung's gate, he decided to speak. 

"I am sorry Jungkook, that i ignored you today", he said looking at their interwined hands.

Jungkook gently smiled at him and lifted the other's face by placing a finger below his chin.

"Its okay Tae, i know you might have been stressed about everything, that's why you tried to talk less with me"

Taehyung just shook his head and pulled away from the other only to grab his phone from his bag. He opened his phone and held it infront of the other's face. Jungkook looked at the phone, more like looked at the message which was sent by Jungwoo.

"Tae baby, i am so sorry about that day. I was not in the right state of mind. I have been stressing about exams and other things. I didn't mean to do that. I still tried to control myself, but when you mentioned Jungkook, i couldn't anymore. You don't know how he is baby. He challenged me that he would take you away from me within a month and that he would use you however he wants. Believe me sweetheart, i can't lose you, i need you, which is why my mind didn't help me when i heard his name from your mouth. I don't want him to hurt you. I was scared that he would really take you away baby. I am so sorry. please forgive me"

"Please reply me sweetheart, i promise i won't do anything like that again"

Jungkook clenched his jaw as he finished. He didn't just lie but he lied about Jungkook. Jungkook never said any such things to Jungwoo. Rather it was Jungwoo who agreed that he was using Taehyung.

Seeing Jungkook, Taehyung felt bad. He felt guilty that he almost believed Jungwoo. While the latter had always helped him and never done anything out of limits.

He held one of Jungkook's hand and cried,

"I am so sorry Jungkook, i know i s-shouldn't have believed him, but i ju-just.."

"Shush Tae, its ok. I know you don't trust me that much. I am not questioning that. I know its hard to start trusting someone so easily. But i still want you to trust me ok? I never said any of it. Jungwoo was lying. I would never think of hurting you." 

He cupped the younger's cheeks with one hand and kissed his forehead. He was sure disappointed that Taehyung didn't believe him, but he trusted him enough to tell him about it. So he can't say that he is very sad. And also, he can't see the other crying. He hugged the other and patted his hair.

"Its ok Tae. Stop crying. You are so brave that you broke up wit him. I am proud of you. Now you can live happily without having to worry about him. And if he comes near you, i will punch him in the jaw just like i did earlier." 

Hearing the boy's cute giggle, he forgot everything and just continued to enjoy the moment, with the boy in his arms.