"Do you hate me"

You were at the bar in Mystic Grill with your best friend, Stefan Salvatore. He had recently broken things off with his girlfriend, Elena Gilbert, officially.

"Stefan you've got to get over Elena. I know it hurts but Elena has been stringing you along for too long."

"Elena never strung-"

"Elena has been stringing you along for months now. I love her and I know i'm being blunt but she's had feelings for damon since you left town with klaus and her turning into a vampire has just heightened them"

"Well then I should get over Elena"

"Yes! See Stefan, I'm not saying it's gonna be easy but-"

Stefan started to lean in towards you

"Stefan what are you doing"

"I'm getting over Elena"

"No Stefan, stop. I'm with Klaus, I love him."

Stefan proceeds to kiss you and you struggle under his grip. "Stefan, sto-" You start pushing him off of you but he won't stop. Suddenly he is pulled off of you. You look around and see Klaus standing across from a drunk Stefan. You start to walk over to Klaus and see he is furious. Fangs bared, dark veins under his  eyes, and golden haloed eyes. You walk in between Stefan and Klaus and start to approach him.  You grab Klaus' hand, but he doesn't look at you. You start to tug on his hand.

"Nik, let's go. It's not worth it. Come on, let's just go home."

He still ignores you and starts to walk towards Stefan. You start to yell at Stefan, but don't look at him, instead you turn your head over your shoulder your eyes not leaving Klaus.

"Stefan, You need to go"

"But-"

"Stefan, go. NOW!"

Stefan starts to walk away from the grill and Klaus tries to go after him. You grab his face in your hands and make him look at you. His glare softens and his face returns back to normal.

"Nik, please let's just go home."

"He deserves to pay! You don't treat a women like that no matter the circumstances. Especially you"

Your face softens as you look at him.

"I know, but he's drunk and upset and even if he did what he did, I don't want him dead. I just want to go home with you"

He slowly nods and pulls you to his chest. You wrap your hands around his torso and he does the same to you. He places a kiss on you forehead and rests his chin on you head. You stand like that for a long time, unsure of how much time has passed, but you don't care. After a while, he takes you to your shared bedroom at the Mikaelson Mansion. You walk in and change into one of his shirts and he changes into a pair of sweatpants. You get under the covers and he soon joins you, pulling you to his chest and placing a kiss on your head. You break the silence.

"I'm sorry"

"For what?"

You can feel him looking down at you. You look up at him as tears start to brim your eyes.

"No, no, love don't cry it's not your fault. It's not your fault. Stefan shouldn't have done it"

"I should've pushed back harder or fought better or backed away or something-"

He gentle pulls you up with him so your both sitting up facing each other on the bed

"Love, don't apologize for something that you didn't do."

"Do you hate me"

At this point tears were fully streaming down your face. He starts to chuckle but soon stops when he sees how confused you are.

"Oh you're serious. Love, I could never hate you. Nothing you ever do or say will ever make me hate you. I love you, Y/N."

He leans forward and pushes his forehead against yours.

"I love you."

A smile creeps across your face as you look into his eyes.

"I love you too, Nik."

He closes the space between your lips and when you pull away you lean back and lay down. You turn away and he wraps his arm around your waist and rests his head in you neck, planting a small kiss behind your ear. He pulls you close and you start to fall asleep in his arms.