Talking

Part 2 to Three months- enjoy!

Your life, for the most part, had returned to some sort of normalcy. You still knew about vampires and werewolves and all the in between but you weren't involved in that life anymore. You took precautions, like wearing vervain and not inviting anyone into your home. You moved away from New Orleans to a small town in Virginia, Mystic Falls. You knew what the Salvatore Boarding School was really for and you knew about the towns past. However, there weren't anymore "random animal attacks" and it was easy for Rebekah and company to visit you without letting Klaus know where you were. Life was normal, until one day.

You were walking in town square to the Mystic Grill for a late lunch date with Rebekah. She was in town, visiting Hope, who you so desperately wanted to see after your breakup. Rebekah had brought her to a couple of your meetups but it got more and more difficult as both of you gained a life on your own. You kept in contact with Hope and made sure if she ever needed anything, she knew she could still call you. Something seemed different about today though, maybe it was the air or the weather, you couldn't quite place it. Your walk to the Grill had been cut short when you bumped into someone in Time Square.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry."

You bent down to pick up the stuff that had been knocked out of both of your hands. You thought it was weird that the man you bumped into, didn't bend down as well. That was, until you looked up.

Staring right into yours, were the beautiful blue eyes you had looked into millions of times. The blue eyes that you loved to wake up to. The blue eyes that turned dark with lust. The blue eyes that you love. Loved.

You slowly got up, dusting off your pants. The two of you never broke eye contact, until your phone started to buzz.

Hey, I waited for you at the Grill for almost an hour. Are you ok? I had to leave to help Hope. Call me when you get the chance. ~Rebekah

You put your phone back into your purse, deciding that a text back could be sent later. You cleared your throat as you looked back at Klaus, who had been watching you the entire time.

"Um, here."

You handed his phone back to him, which had fallen out of his hands when you bumped into each other. Your hands brushed against each other and it was like you had been shocked by electricity.

"Yeah, thanks."

You watched him glance down at the ring on your finger.

"So when did you move here?"

"A little over 7 years ago."

"So right after-"

"Yeah."

You stood there in awkward silence until you realized what time it was.

"Oh my god, I'm late. I have to go."

You started to walk away, more like run to your car. Klaus chased after you, determined to have a conversation with you.

"Wait, where do you have to go?"

"Listen, if you want to talk we can talk at my house. But right now, we need to go."

Without asking anymore questions, Klaus got in the car and you drove. You reached your house and tan inside.

"Hi, I'm sorry I'm so late. I worked late and then bumped into an old friend."

"It's ok, the kids are outside playing."

"Here."

You handed your babysitter her money, with some extra for the overtime. She held a conversation with you as she collected her things but left soon after. Klaus waited on the porch, his face contorted into one of confusion.

"I know, come in."

He walked in slowly to your house, taking it all in. He never moved on. For 7 years he was looking for you, to apologize. To find you had moved on, hurt him but he could blame anyone but himself.

You led him to the living room, turning around and smiling at him.

"Questions?"

"What?"

"I know you have questions for me. So ask them."

"How many children?"

"Two. A boy and a girl, Chris and Chloe."

The two of you continued to have a conversation, you also asking questions about his life. It was awkward at first, but as time went on the conversation got easier and easier to carry. The two of you kind of slipped into old habits from before you started dating. You moved to the kitchen so that you could make your kids dinner. It had gotten late, Chris and Chloe were sleeping and you knew if you wanted to get up in the morning for work, you should go to sleep soon too.

"Is your questions opportunity still available?"  

You laughed at him, taking another sip of your wine.

"You could've just asked me the question. But go ahead."

"Your husband, where is he?"

You tensed up at his question. It must have been obvious because of what Klaus said next.

"You don't have to tell me. We don't have to talk about him. I was just wondering because it's almost 1am and I haven't seen him."

You leaned forward on the couch and placed your wine glass on the coffee table.

"No, no it's okay. He, uh, died a little under 2 years ago."

The room grew silent, Klaus wishing he never asked.

"I'm so sorry."

He leaned in to hug you, the two of you staying in that position for awhile. You pulled away slowly, your faces mere inches from each other. You looked from his eyes to his lips, noticing him doing the exact same thing. You took the initiative and crashed your lips onto his. His hands stayed on your waist, your own traveling up to his hair. One of his hands slipped under your shirt and you gasped as you felt his cold hand make contact with your skin. He took this as his opportunity to deepen the kiss, your tongues now tangled up together. He pushed you back onto the couch until you were laying flat back and you allowed him to. He broke away from the kiss, his lips now nipping and kissing your jaw and neck. He found your sweet spot, causing you to moan. He pulled away, his lips now making contact with your ear as he whispered.

"Shh, you have to be quite my love."

You pulled him back in for another kiss when he pulled away again.

"As much as I'm going to hate what I have to say, we should talk."

You grabbed both sides of his face, running your thumb over his now plump lips.

"I think we've done enough talking for the night. We can talk in the morning."

"Your sure?"

"I'm sure."

A smirk grew on his face as he leaned down to kiss you again.

AN- I came up with the most like basic names for your kids or whatever but feel free to change them, idk. Anyways, I had real inspiration to write this part 2 today and a good idea so I just did this one first. I promise that i'm still working on a part 2 for Blood and your requests.

Comment for more! Maybe a part 3? :)