The way you did tonight

"Truth or dare."

"Dare."

"I dare you to kiss Y/N."

The video goes silent for a moment, all of his siblings- Kol especially, waiting for Klaus's reaction.

"What if I don't just kiss her?"

"What do you mean Nik?"

"What if I make her fall in love with me and then I'll just turn it off."

*****

Tears well up in your eyes as the video ends. You look over to Cami before turning your head to face everyone else in the room. They all knew.

"Y/N, love you have to understand-"

"I don't have to do anything Klaus. And as for understanding I think it was all pretty clear in that video."

You take a shaky breath, memories of the past year filling your head. A year of your life wasted.

"It was all a game. It was all a game to you. Everything that happened, everything that we talked about was fake."

"Y/N that was before everything. That was before I got to know you for who you are. It was before I fell in love with you."

"No. You don't get to say that you fell in love with me. You made me fall in love with you with the intention of breaking my heart. Nothing about our relationship was authentic. It was all based off of lies. How many times did you lie to me?"

You shake your head, multiple tears falling as you look around the room at all the Mikaelson siblings.

"And all of you are no better. You all knew and yet you let him continue. You all knew he was going to break my heart and didn't mutter a single word to me about it. I thought you guys were my friends. Hell, you guys even told me multiple times I was like family. But Marcel was right, no matter what, I would never be apart of the Mikaelsons."

You turn around to start walking out of the study, making your way through the compound to leave.

"Y/N, wait!"

You snap, turning your body around fast.

"No Rebekah! You are supposed to be my best friend and you are a part of a plan that leaves me heartbroken. How could you do that?"

"I don't know. But i'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it. When we met, you were a thousand year old vampire who was just looking for friends. And I saw the good in you, I didn't see the darkness or hunger that comes with being a vampire I just saw you. And apparently you saw someone you could break."

You storm out of the compound to start your walk home. To make matters worse, it's pouring.

"Y/N please."

"I actually thought-" Your cut off by your own sobs,
"God I'm so stupid. It makes sense. You're a hybrid who has traveled the world multiple times over. You've seen empires rise and fall, you've met some of the worlds most aspiring people. And I'm just me. I'm just a girl who works at a bar. How could I ever think that a guy like you would even go for a girl like me. Let alone fall in love with her."

"That's not fair. You are a compassionate, funny, and gorgeous woman. How could I not go for you?"

"Well it took a dare for you to do it."

"The dare was before. Please forgive me. You make me a better person, you swoop in when my rage gets the better of me, you made me think that Elijah's plan for redemption isn't a fairytale after all. Your the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing at night. You complete me and I can't lose you."

Even through the rain, you can tell that you aren't the only one crying.

"You already did."

You turn around and start walking again.

"Do you remember when you said nothing could change the way you feel about me. No number of enemies, no problems from my vampirism, nothing."

"That was before everything. Isn't that what you said?"

Klaus watches as his entire world walks away from, not knowing if he could ever get you back. One things for sure, no one has ever made Niklaus Mikaelson cry the way you did tonight.