Mates?

"Wait I don't understand, mates? Your telling me that there's a chance I have a 'mate'?"

"Yes that exactly what I'm saying Y/N"

"So Uncle Mason do you have a mate?"

You asked him very sarcastically, still not truly believing in the whole thing. Your uncle had explained everything from wolves to witches and when he got to the topic of mates you were totally skeptical. You never believed in love at first sight or soulmates.

"If I do I haven't found her yet."

———————————————-

"What so you just believe in the sun and moon curse? Don't tell me you believe in mates too ty."

He scoffed and stood up from his barstool.

"The sun and the moon curse is just as real as mates. Now you can either join me and the wolves or you can stay with the vampires that killed our uncle."

He walked away after that, leaving you sitting at a bar by yourself. You were very skeptical of Jules and her pack. Even if you wanted there to be something to stop your curse, you wouldn't believe some random women who claimed she knew your uncle. Even though you were still mad at Damon for killing Mason, you still trusted him more than most people. You sat at the bar swirling your drink around, deep in thought.

"You look a little young to be drinking love."

Staring straight ahead, you scoffed and decided to turn the man down lightly

"Not interested, but thanks anyways."

"Well aren't you feisty"

You turned to look at the man and while you were sure you had never seen him before, something about him was very familiar.

"I made my disinterest clear or did you not get that?"

There was something pulling you to this man, but you didn't want to show him that. Instead of walking away or turning around, he just smirked at you.

"Well it's not everyday that you find someone you've been looking for, for a thousand years."

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion and tilted your head to the side.

"What do you mean-"

Suddenly his eyes turned a golden hallow color and soon enough you felt your eyes change too.

"We're mates sweetheart, sure enough someone told you about that?"

"Yea, yea someone did I just didn't think they were real."

"Well we just completed step one of the process. Two drinks please."

He motioned over to the bartender and sat in the seat Tyler recently got up from.

"So if we're mates then do I get to know your name? Or is that like another step of the process? And what did you mean when you said you've been looking for me for a thousand years?"

He smirked at you before returning serious,

"I like you love. Niklaus Mikaelson and we can progress this relationship in our own time. I've been seeing you for a thousand years and now i've found you. To who do I owe the pleasure?"

"Y/N, Y/N Y/L/N. So what's step two?"

"We can talk about the steps another time, right now I want to get to know you."

And so that's what you did. You and Klaus sat at the bar for hours talking about your lives. Neither of you had ever opened up to someone as fast as you did tonight. You trusted him even if you just met him and you were very attracted to him. He brought you to your house and walked you up to your porch.

"Well then mate, where do we go from here."

"I don't know love, dinner tomorrow at 8?"

You decided to tease him a little about it before just giving in. You sent him a smirk

"Hmmm I don't know, you are technically a stranger."

He smiled at you before grabbing your waist and pulling you to him. You felt your breath hitch in you throat and your heartbeat sped up drastically.

"Strangers? I think we are far from that love."

His breath was on your face, your faces being only inches away from each other. His hands rest on your waist while your lay on his chest. Weighing the options in your head you decided to just go for it. You leaned up and pressed your lips to his. He hesitated but kissed you back. You get the butterflies in your stomach and the sparks erupting around you. Your hands traveled around his neck before you both pulled away. Your head rested against each other's and you felt your eyes change for the second time tonight.

"Far from strangers we are. Apparently we're mates."

AN- Sorry for being so inactive guys I recently just went back to school for 5 days and my activities are starting to pick up again so I have less free time. Thanks for the love on this book though.

Check out my other imagine book, I'm gonna be posting my first imagine on their later.

Also, I'm think about maybe making this an actual book instead of just a one shot. Obviously somethings would change and they wouldn't kiss in the first chapter lol.

Note sure if any of you would be interested in this but I recently started the 100 and I'm think about writing some Bellamy imagines too. Vote or Comment if you guys would like any of this stuff