Strings

You were looking through your drawers for clothes, getting ready for the day. You knew Klaus was watching you from the bed. Things between the two of you had been a little tense ever since you heard a conversation between him and Rebekah.

****

"You mean to tell me that you still don't care about anything? After everything that has happened?"

"Yes. Like I've told you a million times Rebekah, love gets you no where in life."

"And what of Y/N? Nothing that you feel for her is true? You expect me to believe that?"

"She's just a means to an end. A small part in the grand scheme of things."

"I don't believe that for one moment. I see the way you look at her Nik. Your in love with her whether or not you want to admit it."

"Whatever you say Rebekah."

****

"Nik, you should go over and try to apologize to Hayley."

"Why would I do that?"

You turned around, now fully dressed, looking straight at him.

"I don't know, maybe because she's the mother of your child. Or because she's part of your family and you tortured her for months by keeping her from her daughter."

"She got in the way of protecting our daughter!"

"She didn't follow the plan then? So what do I do? How do I play into the grand scheme of things?"

A look of realization settled on his face and he instantly knew what you were referring to.

"Months ago, for one moment in our lives I thought we were normal. I thought you had gotten past all of your scheming."

"I don't need you to fix me Y/N! Stop acting like Elijah!"

"Is that why you told your sister that I was just some toy you were using for your plan?"

"Yes being with you would help benefit my plan but then-"

"Then what Klaus? Your plan was just to keep stringing me along with no intentions to stay in the relationship?"

You scoff, shaking your head while looking around the room.

"Let me make it real simple for you, I'm done."

"Done? With our relationship?"

"Yes, with our relationship and with you. I can't continue to do this with you. We're constantly fighting, we barely speak to each other if we're not and everything meant nothing to you."

A tear ran down your face as you turned around to walk out of the compound. You stopped abruptly when you felt a flash of wind around you and saw a new vision in front of you. Klaus' chest

You looked up at him only to see a matching tear running down his face. He tried to put a hand on your cheek but you pulled away before he could. He slowly put his hand down, a flash of hurt on his face.

"Please don't leave me. I made a mistake and I know I did but please don't let me lose you because of it."

Looking into his eyes and hearing his voice crack only broke your heart even more. You gave him a soft smile.

"I'm glad that you are owning up to your actions for once in your life and I'm so proud of you for that. But I can't continue to be someone in your life when you treat me that way."

He shakes his head rapidly, letting more and more tears fall.

"I can promise you that I won't continue to treat you that way. Please just give me a chance to prove that to you."

"You've had so many chances already Klaus! How many more do you expect me to give you? I love you but enough is enough."

"Please give me another chance. I know the last couple of months have been hard but I can't do this without you."

"I meant it when I said it earlier, I'm done. I'll come back for my stuff later."

You looked at him one more time before walking out of the compound.