You broke me

You couldn't believe you even considered Rebekah's offer to come back to Mystic Falls. You weren't prepared for this at all.

"Y/N! Y/N, wait."

You ran away as fast as you could until you bumped into a hard chest. You looked up to see him. Keeping your gaze down, you tried to walk past him but he grabbed your wrist keeping you where you were.

"Please, listen to me. Let me explain."

1 year. It had been one year since one of the worst days of your life. The day you walked in on your soon to be husband in the sheets with Miss Mystic Falls, Caroline Forbes.

"Thanks for the offer but I'm good. I'll be on my way then."

He stopped you again, tightening his grip on your wrists. You looked around, only to see people looking at the two of you.

Great he brought an audience.

"Let go of me."

"I lov-"

You cut him off by slapping him across the face. He looked back at you, desperation and regret evident in his facial features. All you wanted to do was melt in his arms, kiss his lips, tell him you still loved him, but you couldn't do that. Not after what he did to you. You deserved better. Your eyes started to tear but you blinked them away before they could fall.

"You don't have any right to say that to me. You lost that right the day you cheated on me with my best friend. I was yours, I loved you, and in return you treated me like a piece of garbage. You threw me away and I won't be treated like that again."

He shook his head and his grip on your wrists loosened ever so slightly.

"It was never my intention to hurt you."

"But you did"

You looked down to the ground and mumbled, your voice barely over a whisper.

"You hurt me more than I've ever been hurt. Seeing you with her, in our bed, a week before our wedding broke me. You broke me Klaus."

He flinched when you said his name. It was the first time that you had never addressed him using the name Klaus. You had normally called him Nik or babe or the occasional Niklaus. But you had never called him Klaus.

"You broke me so much that I hated myself. And I still do."

His eyebrows knitted together as he looked down at you.

"What?"

"I still love you. But do you know what the worst part about all of this is? I can't trust the person I love most in this world."

You shook your head finally letting the tears fall.

"I hate myself for still loving you. For wanting you to be the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing at night. For wanting you to hold me in your arms. I hate myself for wanting you."

And then you saw something that you had only seen a handful of times, a tear slipped down his face.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for hurting you. But please tell me what I can do to fix this,"

He stopped motioning between you two and taking a shaking breath. His voice had begun to crack on certain words and his single tear had turned into more. He was desperate.

"Please, I need you."

"And I needed you. I can't go back to you Klaus, I promised myself I wouldn't. There isn't anything you can do."

He let go of your wrists and you looked at him one last time before walking away. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, thinking that would be the last time you saw the man you loved. It wasn't.

He watched your retreating figure before leaving the square and Mystic Falls forever. He thought he did it for you, to give you space and leave you alone. But he did it for himself, he couldn't bear walking around all day and seeing the places that held so many memories. He couldn't have the ghost of your relationship following him constantly. Little did he know what the future would hold.

AN- So i've been writing sad imagines recently, my b. I've just been in the mood to write them lol. I'm trying to figure out a posting schedule for this book and for my other one too. :)