Realization

AN- This is a part 2 to Denial. Its a few chapters before this one:)

"Listen whatever your plan was here, it's not going to work."

"What do you mean Marcel."

"What Marcellus is trying to say is, that your wife now has a plan for one of us to compel her."

"Compel what exactly?"

"She wants us to compel away her memories of you."

"I told you we should've told her about your plan."

"Well I didn't think she'd be trying to get rid of every single memory we shared!"

"What type of reaction did you expect from her! She's hurting Niklaus, and thats on you."

"Tell Hope I'm coming home."

*******

"Are you ready for this Marcel?"

"Y/N I really believe you should reconsider your options here. If you forget Niklaus, you forget all of us. Hope included."

You looked over at Elijah who was pleading his case.

"I can't do this Eli. I already talked to Hope and she told me that this was ok. I assured her that if she ever needed me then Marcel could make me remember."

"I don't say this often but I agree with my brother."

You stilled, thinking that you were hallucinating. You were broken out of your trance when you felt his hand on your waist. You quickly moved forward and turned around, coming face to face with your supposed dead husband.

"Love, I have a lot to explain-"

"Yes you do. What is this?"

You turned to look at Elijah and Marcel, who both did not seemed surprised.

"You both knew didn't you?", you scoffed switching your gaze between them. "Of course you did."

"Listen Y/N-"

"No Marcel! You were gonna let me go through with this and you knew that he was alive!"

You looked at all three men in the room, shaking your head.

"I need some time to myself."

"Love-"

"Seriously Nik, out of the three of you idiots, your the one I want to talk to the least."

Klaus sighed as he watched you walk out of the room.

"You're in the doghouse."

"What do I do now?"

"I have no idea."

****

"Love, I'm sorry."

You looked up at the entryway to your bedroom to see your husband, as nervous as you've ever seen him.

"I thought you were dead."

"I know and I'm sorry-"

"Did you know that for a week I wouldn't talk about you. I lived in denial for a week because facing the fact that you were gone was worse."

"I had to make it look like I died to protect you and Hope. My enemies, especially my parents, would stop at nothing to hurt me. And the only way to do that is to hurt the ones I love the most."

"Why was I not part of the select few that knew of your plan? I was in so much pain that I was willing to erase everything!"

"That's why I came back! I couldn't let you forget about me. I need you."

"I needed you! I wanted you and I hurt for you."

You started to tear up causing Klaus to try and close the space between you. However, you took a step back.

"I made a mistake."

"You did."

"Please forgive me."

"I need some time. I love you and I will always love you, but I can't jump into your arms and act like everything that you've done is okay."

"Please don't leave me."

Your hurt heart after hearing his voice crack. You took a few steps forward and took his face in your hands.

"I'm not leaving you."

You leaned up and gave him a soft kiss.

"I missed you."

"Then why do you need time!"

"I thought you were dead Nik! Gone, never coming back! And now I find out that you just ran away from your problems! You made everyone here lie to me! I blamed myself! And I'm sorry that I can't go back to the way everything was before. I just need to wrap my head around it."

And with that you walked to the only place you could think of, Rousseau's.