Stepmom

This is a request by klefan_ , hope you enjoy!

"Come on Klaus, we all now that Y/N isn't just your 'best friend'."

Klaus's head snapped up, looking at Hayley with wide eyes.

"Y/N is a vampire. Vampire's have super hearing. Be quiet before she hears you."

"So your admitting it then Nik?"

"Dad you have a crush on Y/N? Honestly, not that surprising."

Everyone's eyes snap over to Hope as she stands in the doorway. Rebekah and Hayley stifle a laugh while Klaus's eyes grow wider then before.

"No- I mean- I don't know."

He sighed as he placed his heads in his hands. Hope knew about his feelings now which meant that you would very likely know sometime in the near future. He didn't want to ruin things between the two of you and push you away with his feelings.

"Dad has a crush, dad has a crush, dad has a crush."

"Ah, so Niklaus has finally admitted his feelings for the lovely Y/N."

"Elijah-"

You walked into the room, all heads snapping to you. Your eyebrows furrowed once you realized that all conversation had stopped as soon as you walked in. You tried to remember what you heard Elijah say before you entered but you could only remember the first part.

"Nik admitted his feelings for who?"

"Caroline!"

"Camille!"

Your heart drops when you hear the names. You didn't really expect it to be you but a girl can hope. You knew you should move on, but how were you supposed to do that when you live with him, when he looks at you the way he does? How were you supposed to get over the feeling in your chest?

You looked around at the room getting unsure answers from everyone in it.

"So which one is it?"

"Dad had a crush, Dad has a crush!"

You knelt down to be at Hope's level and put your hands on her shoulders.

"Who is dad's crush."

"Hope."

You glanced at Klaus over Hope's shoulder as he warned her not to say anything. Why doesn't he want me to know who he likes? I thought we told each other everything- almost everything.

"Y/N! He has a crush on you obviously! You can be my stepmom!"

Your eyes found Klaus's again, only for him to look down immediately after. Klaus rubbed his hand across his mouth and the room fell into awkward silence. You were thankful for Hayley's fake cough, causing the attention in the room to fall onto her.

"Hope, sweetheart, I think it's time for dinner."

"But Y/N didn't say she would be my stepmom yet!"

"I think Y/N and your dad need to have a conversation first."

"Ok!"

Hayley and Hope left the room, Elijah soon following them out. Awkward silence fell in the room again and the tension could be cut with a knife. You sat around for a minute wondering if what Hope said was true or if it was just part of her imagination. However, you got tired of wondering and you needed to know the truth.

"Is it true?"

Klaus, being the man he is, decided to pretend like he didn't know what you were talking about.

"Is what true?"

"Stop playing stupid with me Nik. I know your just trying to change the subject. Is what Hope said true?"

Defeated, Klaus sighed and shook his head, looking down before looking back at you.

"And what if it was?"

"Why won't you answer clearly?"

He stood up abruptly, hands gesturing to you.

"Of course it's true! Bloody hell you make it so hard to love you!"

You blinked, not sure if you heard him correctly. Did he just say he loves me?

"I don't expect you to feel the same way and i'm not expecting anything from you-"

You stand up, striding towards Klaus and planting your lips on his. At first he was taken back and hesitated, eyes fully wide, causing you to pull back. He looked down at your lips before grabbing your waist and pulling you back in.

Your first kiss was everything you had imagined it to be. You hear the stories of fireworks and electricity but you never believed in it until now. His hands felt like like they were sending shocks through your body and you couldn't stop the goosebumps that rose on your skin when one of his hands slipped under your shirt. You tugged a bit on his hair causing him to groan into your mouth. However, you heard tiny footsteps run up to the room and you pulled away but not in time.

"Does this mean Y/N is going to be my stepmom?"

AN- Guys i'm so sorry for not posting in literally FOREVER. I've been really busy with school now that AP's are coming up and I have also been really busy with my school team. So it's been kinda hard to find time to write a couple imagines.

I'm also insanely behind on requests at the moment and I'm working on getting them up soon. I appreciate all the love that you guys have been showing this even though i haven't updated in like 2 weeks.

Hope you enjoyed this and I promise I'll work on being more active.