What Happened

⚠️Trigger warning- mentions of abuse⚠️
This is a request by, thevampirediaries_02 ,hope you enjoy!

"Y/N? Y/N?"

You snapped out of your gaze to look at your best friend, who was trying desperately to gain your attention back.

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry."

Your eyes returned to your fiddling fingers as they filled up with tears.

"No, I'm sorry. I can't believe he would do that."

"Yeah, I didnt believe he would either."

The room fell into silence as the tears streamed down your face. Tears turned into sobs and being your best friend, Rebekah pulled you into a hug.

"Why would he do that? It doesn't make sense."

Eventually, your sobs slowed down and Rebekah removed you from her arms. There was a loud sound downstairs and as you looked at the door, you saw him.

"Y/N-"

"Save it Klaus."

You got up from your seat on the couch and turned around to face him.

"Please. Let me explain myself."

"How could you?"

Rebekah stood up, glanced between you two, and removed herself from the room.

"I don't know."

"How could you stoop so low Klaus? I loved you! I love you and you did this. You kissed Camille."

"It was an accident."

"An accident? I asked you multiple times and multiple times you assured me you felt nothing for her."

"I don't feel anything for her!"

"Stop lying!"

And at this point, he did the unimaginable. He raised his hand, striking you across the face. You felt your cheek get hot and liquid starting to dribble down. Your eyes filled with tears once again and you slowly looked at him. His eyes had filled with tears as well and his facial expressions were filled with shock.

"Y/N."

He reached out to comfort you, but you instantly backed away.

"Don't touch me!"

"I-"

"I don't- I-"

You continued to back away from him until your back hit the wall. You slid down the wall and buried your face in your arms. You felt a pair of hands touch your arms and your head shot up. You tried pushing back even more.

"Get away from me!"

He held his hands up in surrender and stood up, backing away from you. Instantly, Elijah and Rebekah ran into the room. Both of their eyes widened as they ran towards you on the floor.

"What happened?"

The room stayed silent as you and Klaus just looked at each other.

"Bloody hell, tell me it's not what i'm thinking. Tell me you didn't hit her."

The room fell silent again, Elijah and Rebekah just looking at Klaus. His silence gave them their answer.

"I don't know what happened in this room but I believe it is time for us to go Y/N."

You grabbed Elijah's hand which he extended out to you and pulled yourself up off the floor. You started to walk out of the room, Elijah and Rebekah keeping you far away from Klaus.

"Y/N-"

You turned around as soon as you heard a fist making contact with skin. You watched as Rebekah turned around with a smile on her face.

"Well I believe my brother deserved that."