Blood- Part 2

"God Nik I thought after a thousand years you would finally learn-"

Rebekah stops dead in her tracks as soon as she opens the door to Klaus's room. The first thing she notices is the blood that is somehow everywhere and how dissembled the room looks from everything being thrown around. As soon as she sees Klaus covered in your blood with your lifeless corpse in his hands, her knees buckle and she falls to the floor.

Her hand comes up to try and stop the sobs from raking her body but its ineffective. Upon hearing the large thud, Elijah comes bursting into the situation. He gently pulls Rebekah up off the floor and into his embrace while scanning the entire room.

His eyes land on Klaus again, who still hasn't even looked at his siblings. He just sits on his bed, rocking you back and forth in his arms. Once Rebekah pulls herself together, slightly, in order to find out what happened, the room becomes eerily quite. Small glances are shared between the pair while they debate on what to say. Finally, the desire to know what caused this makes Rebekah finally break the silence. 

"What happened Nik?"

Slowly she starts to make her way over to Klaus, with Elijah not too far behind. Still not even glancing at his siblings, his movements halt. He pulls away from your body, pushing small strands of hair behind your ear before delicately placing you down and standing up. 

He quickly grabs the note and walks out of his bedroom, straight past Rebekah and Elijah who follow his now harsh actions.

"Niklaus, just wait-"

Klaus turns around fast causing him and Elijah to be very close in proximity.

"Elijah if you tell me to calm down right now and not kill anyone, it's gonna be your blood on my hands first."

Instead of backing down, Elijah decides to stand his ground and get some answers out of his brother.

"What happened to Y/N?"

"Nothing that involves you."

Fed up with his brother antics, Elijah pushed Klaus up against the wall. Annunciating every word separately, Klaus didn't back down from the confrontation either.

"Let me go."

"Not until you tell me what happened."

"I will not."

Elijah pulled him slightly off the wall, only to slam him back onto it.

"You cared for her, hell you even loved her. You don't get to forget about that. You don't get to forget about how much she loved you. And I'm sorry that she's gone but it's okay to let your guard down and accept someones help. Something tragic has happened but we cannot help you unless you tell us."

A tear drips down the side of Klaus's face and Elijah knows that his words got to him. Knowing this, he lets him go. Still not being able to look at Rebekah, he glances towards the floor.

"Aurora."

His jaw muscles tense and his hands form into fists just because of saying her name.

"Bloody hell, we can never get rid of her."

"Then it looks like we have to pay a visit to the De Martels."

"No, this is something I have to do alone."

Rebekah starts walking to the door, Elijah following.

"Sorry Nik but she gets the entire Mikaelson family to avenge her. Kol's on his way."

********

"It's been years Elijah and he has not left that room once. All he does is sit in there, paint, trash part of the room, and then look at her picture. It's not healthy. He barely even speaks to you when you bring him blood bags."

Elijah looked up from his bourbon, that he was twirling around on the desk in the study.

"We've tried Rebekah. I don't know what else we could do. The only person that could pull him out of this mess, is the same person he's so distraught about losing."

Rebekah sighs, bending down to sit on the couch.

"I know. I wish she was here right now, she could tell us what to do."

Elijah chuckled a little before looking back at his sister.

"She would've done it herself."

Silence falls over the room before Rebekah breaks it with her thoughts.

"Do you ever wonder what would've happened if she didn't, you know?"

Elijah smiles to himself while thinking about it and moving to sit across from Rebekah.

"I think I would've had many more talks with our brother regarding his feelings for her but in the end they would be in a happy relationship."

"I always think of helping her get ready for their first date together and then threatening Nik before they left."

"Oh, Y/N would've loved that."

Elijah says sarcastically, making Rebekah smile.

"I think about the small things,"

Both of their heads snapped to the door where they saw Klaus leaning on the frame. He pushes himself off and walks over to sit next to Rebekah.

"You know, like the stolen kisses and glances, mouthing 'I love you' from across the room, even just waking up to see her face. I never thought I would be that type of guy until the chance to do it all with her was taken away from me."

A long pause occurred before he uttered his next words.

"I'm trying to do my best here without her because I know that she would want me to. I'm trying to be all the good from the man she fell in love with. But I'm losing the war. I lose a little battle every time I forget something about her, like her laugh or the little messages she would leave for me throughout the house. Even if its just for a split second, I'm angry at myself for not remembering."

Klaus looks between his two siblings while another tear streams down his face.

"I feel like if I lock myself in that room there's no way I could be the evil I was before her. There's no possible way I could tarnish her memory, but I know she wouldn't want me to be this way. So I'm gonna try and live my life for her."

Rebekah runs her hand across his back soothingly causing him to turn and look at her.

"And we can help. Help you remember, help you keep her memory alive and not in vain, help you grieve. But you have to let us."

"Niklaus, whatever you want from us to help you with this, I will assist you. We will stick by you until you don't need our help anymore. All I've ever wanted to do is help you."

And as you watched from the other side, you couldn't help but smile for the first time since your death. Because you knew, that he was finally going to be ok.

AN- Hello, I have awoken from the dead. If I'm being honest with you guys, I kinda just lost the inspiration for a minute and I just needed to take a step back and take a break. Recently, I've found a lot more inspiration so I'm going to try my best on the updates but please be patient with me. Thank you for everyone who has stuck around throughout this hiatus.