Proposal

Background info-
You and Klaus have been dating officially for 2 years. He has a daughter named Hope, that is not biologically yours but you love her as your own. Hope is 11 years old. Your best friends with Rebekah, it's how you and Klaus met 5 years ago.

At the compound
You are in Rebekah's room with her, helping her pick out an outfit for, you guessed it, another Mikaelson party. The party is tonight and you and Rebekah went out shopping earlier and are deciding on what to wear. You decided on a red cocktail dress, that ended mid thigh and had a deep V-neck.

"Go with the green one Bex, it looks good on you"

You smiled at Rebekah through the mirror she was standing in.

"You're right. Green one it is. Ok sit down, let me do your hair and makeup. We have to shock Nik."

You chuckled softly, but did as she said and sat down letting her do your hair and makeup. She put your hair in an updo and did your makeup lightly, like you liked it. You made small talk and then put on your dress.

"You look gorgeous, Y/N. My brother won't be able to keep his eyes off of you."

You blushed lightly and smiled at yourself through the mirror.

"Thank you Bex."

"Listen, Y/N, I have to go make sure that everything is being set up correctly, but i'll be back in a few and we can make our grand entrance."

You smiled and nodded at her as she left the room and picked up your phone, scrolling through it until you heard steps running towards Rebekah room. As soon as you looked up, you saw Hope standing in the doorway out of breath, looking at you.

"Y/N! I need you help downstairs!"

Klaus' POV
This has to be perfect. I'm about to ask Y/N to marry me and I've never been more nervous. What if she finally realizes the monster that I am or that she's to good for me or she says no. I can't lose her. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Elijah starts to approach me.

"Nervous, Brother?"

Elijah said smirking at me. Does he not understand how big of a deal this is. I could lose her, I can't lose her.

"Shut up, Elijah. This is a big deal. What if she says no, what if she doesn't like the ring, what if she doesn't like this-"

"Niklaus, she loves you. She actually loves you. She will say yes, I have no doubt about it"

Ok so, Elijah think she'll say yes but what if she doesn't like the ring or the way I propose?

"She'll love the ring and she'll love how you thought everything out. Now let's get back to work on setting this up"

I nodded smiling and went back to spreading out the rose petals from the stairs to the dining room and made a pathway from them and some candles. I'm going to propose by incorporating my siblings and Hope. They will hold signs and say our important dates or memories of our relationship. Rebekah is distracting Y/N by picking out dresses for what Y/N thinks is a ball. Hope is going to bring Y/N to the courtyard and will then proceed to pick up her own sign. 10 minutes. 10 minutes until I ask her to marry me.

Y/N's POV
"Hope, sweetheart, is everything okay?"

Why is Hope so worried? What is going on? I thought we were just having a ball with friends? I guess that doesn't happen with the Mikaelsons. She walks over to me and grabs my hand pulling me through the house. She pulls me to the middle of the compound and it's decorated with flowers, rose petals, and candles. All around the downstairs are Elijah, Kol, Rebekah, Hayley, and Marcel.