Chaoter sixty eight

It had been a a week since Anakins little panicked fit and finally he was beginning to loosen up again. In fact I was starting to believe he made the whole thing up so I wouldn't run off after discovering his little secret with my master. Still I hadn't allowed him to sleep in my bed since then, if he wanted to stay in the same room he'd have to take the couch. Which he did, every night, yet he was always gone by the time he woke up. Apparently he still wasn't sleeping well.

Today we were heading to assist Obi wan escort a group of pacifists leaders to Coruscant. Anakin of course didn't want me to go but I insisted. He even tried to call the girls back from another mission in order to protect me at which point I did flip slightly. It was partially to do with my hormones playing tricks on my mind but he did at least partially deserve it for being so controlling. In short there was a lot of tension between Anakin and I, tension I'm pretty sure the clones had picked up on. Since I couldn't be seen I was working down in the cargo hold with captain Dice checking around the crates. It was boring work but honestly it was better than being locked up another day in those dammed quarters.

"(Y/n), Obi wan and I are heading up to greet the senators, contacting me if you need anything." My not to be trusted fiancé called across after poking his head round the nearest stack on crates. I didn't look round from where I was checking things and simply hummed in response. Honestly I hated being mad at him, but I wanted to know for sure he truly did only love me and to do that I was going to need some space.

Anakins pov

My heart ached as she yet again gave me the cold shoulder. I hated this, every day was getting harder and harder. She'd only talk to me when it came to mission tactics, she wouldn't even look my way most of the time, and I was confined to sleeping on the couch of my own quarters. Every night I had that reoccurring nightmare of her death, each time waking in a cold sweat after watching her die again and again.

"Okay...I'll see you later." I replied sadly while lowering my head as I turned to exit towards the lift. That's when I felt a hand on my wrist half my progress. My heart leapt just a little as I felt her presence so close once again. Gods I miss her love.

"Anakin, stop being so miserable, we'll talk at the end of the day, I just need some time to myself." She spoke quietly and as my eyes slid round I caught a glimpse of her handing there just behind me. I was afraid if I looked round she'd scowl at me again, seeing her anger and hurt would just break my heart. She was my Angel, I loved her so much, if space is what she needed I guess I'd have to give her some.

"...okay, if that's what you feel you need." I replied giving a casual nod without looking round, instead just sighing as my chest tightened. She meant so much to me, I didn't want to loose her just because of some stupid mistake. Gods I never should've let myself get drawn into that night, alcohol and anger really are a strong aphrodisiac.

As she realised my wrist I stepped away and headed to join Obi wan and the clones in the lift. Deciding to distract myself I instead turned my focus to my master, able  to sense his anxiety over the duchess. However even that reminded me of (y/n). Still, this may be my only chance ever to broach the subject of the duchess with my master.

"I sense some anxiety from you regarding the duchess, don't worry she couldn't be in safer hands." I spoke up while standing across from him in the lift and looking ahead. Well this took me back, seems like only yesterday I was the one with the anxiety towards seeing a certain someone after several years. Oh how a wanted to smirk.

"Yes I know." My former master replied in a very unconvincing manner. Oh a wish the girls were here, they'd have so much fun with this and honestly I wasn't quite in the mood to fully enjoy it.