Chapter thirteen

The lake country

We'd been travelling for around hald a standard day, and I have a feeling I'd been asleep for three since when I next found myself staring out the window I saw dazzling pools of blue ahead and great green mountains rising up all around

We'd been travelling for around hald a standard day, and I have a feeling I'd been asleep for three since when I next found myself staring out the window I saw dazzling pools of blue ahead and great green mountains rising up all around. I thought the city had been beautiful, but this, this was spectacular.

"Oh you're awake (y/n), that's good, are you feeling any better?" Padmè asked from beside me with warmth as I looked round from the window and rubbed my eyes.

"Mm...yes I'm feeling a bit better thanks..." I said tiredly, wincing slightly as I stretched my arms, it seemed there were still a few burn marks upon my skin, though to my relief they had been treated.

"ah yes, Ani applied cream to your burns while you were asleep, he took great care not to wake you." Padme informed as I looked down at the neat and fine bandage work across my forearm, fairly impressed with the level of care he'd taken.

"did he now..?" I questioned rehtorically, practically just thinking the words aloud as I looked up and across at the peacful looking padawan opposite me, his head rested to the side as hi chest rose and fell softly.

"...So how did you sleep last night, you both seem fairly tired, was everything alright with your room?" the senator asked while looking across at me with a knowing look that I didn't quite understand.

"oh, yes we both slept well thank you senator." I replied while hiding my confusion, wondering what she was possibly trying to hint at.

"(y/n), I know there was only one bed, I'm sorry, my parents thought you were 'together'." She said, and in an instant I realised what she'd meant. Trying not to blush at the idea I almost imediatrly went to defend myself, after all if the council found out we'd be expelled from the order for sure...

"Oh no it was fine! Anakin kindly took the sofa." I lied quickly with what I hoped was a convincing smile as my hands nervously clutched at my robes. Padme looked into my eyes with a stare that seemd to be more the questioning, I should've guessed it would take more effort to trick a senator, but maybe, hopefully she'd accept the idea.

"...(y/n)...stop moving away..." Anakin mumbled in his sleep as if to completely disprove everything I was saying. Even sleeping he was causing trouble for me...

"Oh really now?" Padme asked while giving me another knowing look and a small smirk.

"Ok ok, we shared the bed, please don't tell anyone." I replied while giving her a pleading gaze, put my hands togather before me to show I was practically begging.