Chapter eighty four

Everyone had gathered into my medical room: Anakin of course sat to my right, Ono wan at the end of the bed next to master Acaina to the left of the doorway, Rex, Fives,  Cody and Dice gathered to the  right and then of course there was Ahsoka whom I had sat on the bed right beside me. The girl was going through a very difficult time, one I could strongly relate to. I wanted to be there for her however I could be, even if that was just letting her sit at my side in silence. Looking round I forward slightly realising my master was the only one not in the room, my eyes meeting with her secret husband Acaina who gave an apologetic look in response. I guess as always she was avoiding being social. As I sighed and looked across to Anakin I gave a small nod before looking back down to our little baby and smiling as I gazed down at her beautiful blue eyes.

"Thank you for dropping by so late, I'm sure master Kenobi caught you up already with our situation so I won't bore you with that. (Y/n) and I just wanted to thank you all for rushing to our aid, without all of you things could have become far more dire," Anakin began by saying not in the stress of a general but in the manner of a grateful friend. He was feeling far more relax now he knew I was alright and though the both of us were incredibly exhausted for a variety of reasons neither of us were to tired to show how thankful we were towards these people who recused us. "...Of course sadly not everyone could make it back here," Anakin then added with a sigh, reaching up to rub the nape of his neck. To the side I caught sight of Ahsoka's eyes dipped down and her hands nervously fidget atop the sheets. Slowly I reached a hand out and placed it atop hers, giving a small smile as she lifted her gaze to meet mine. "Ari wasn't just a padawan or a Commander, but I believe I speak for everyone present when I say she was a good friend, someone who always had your back and wasn't afraid to speak her mind nor do anything else for that matter," Anakin continued on to say his hand moving to lightly grip my shoulder in a way that quietly told he was finding this just as hard to say as I was to hear. A few tears pricked at my eyes as I bowed my head respectfully, hearing as Ahsoka sniffled and gently pulling her into a side embrace so she could bury her face again my shoulder as I held her head. "She was a hero and will be remembered as such...with all that in mind (y/n) and I agreed that we could think of no one better to name our daughter after, so it's my great pleasure to introduce you all to Ari (y/l/n) Skywalker." My dear fiancé finished saying, lips curving into that adoring smile as he turned and glanced back down to the little bundle in my arms. Every time his eyes fell on her their was this gleaming shine to them, a great admiring pride as though he still couldn't quite believe this  miracle came from our past mistake. My smile grew looking down to the little baby girl. From the moment I first saw her eyes I knew what I wanted to call her, and Anakin was quick to agree. She'd be our little princess.

Out the corner of my eyes I noticed Ahsoka looking round and she continued to lean against my shoulder, her aqua eyes staring down at little baby Ari with so many emotions. She still looked incredibly sad, eyes reddened though she'd been crying more before coming here. But she also looked intrigued, quietly curious just like the little baby in my arms. As the men chatted quietly passing out various congratulations while a couple of the clones shared a quiet joke from the sideline that went unheard by others. While all this was going on my focus remained solely between Ahsoka and little Ari.

"Ahsoka...would you like to hold her?" I asked quietly with a gentle smile towards the teenage padawan. Her eyes lit up in a way they hadn't since we returned here, more specifically since we lost my padawan. Her eyes moved between mine and the little baby.

"...can I?" She asked sounding a little hesitant but also excited, something that made me chuckle slightly as I sat round and adjusted my hold on little Ari.

"Sure you can sweetheart, just hold your arms out like this, and remember to support her head." I instructed kindly offering the baby across for her to hold, watching as my daughter's eyes stared up at Ahsoka with wonder as the togruta took the baby into her arms. I smiled watching as the teenager lightly rocking my little baby in her arms.