Chapter one hundred and one

(Y/n)'s pov

Anakin and I were driven through the now teaming streets to a new location where the reception would be held. All the while I held his hand and leaned my head against his shoulder. Today put simply was perfection. I was now Mrs Skywalker, my dream was coming true, I was married to the most wonderful man in the world and I had a daughter who I adored more than anything. Once this war was over we'd be one happy family, Anakin, Ari, Ahsoka and I. All of us together until the end of our days.

Arriving at the reception hall members of the 501st lined the red carpet laid out for us. They saluted and gave various cheers as we passed and I couldn't help but smile brightly. Looking up to my right I saw Anakin wore a similarly glowing expression. Heading up the steps we entered the hall and went right up to the main table where our places were set and the head of it all. It was amazing to see the table cloths and centrepieces we'd picked out brought to life around us. Anakin pulled out my chair for me like a complete gentleman and carefully slid it in behind me as I sat down before taking his own seat.

"So, how do you feel Angel?" Anakin asked quietly as he leaned across to whisper in my ear while our guests - or rather the 501st filed in. I giggled slightly and shook my head since the question had such an obvious answer and yet I could find no word to air it. Looking to my side I saw him sat there with that sparkle to his beautiful blues eyes, a charming playfulness fo his smirk.

"I feel..." I began, trailing off as the words flew from me like startled butterflies. Looking around the room my smile remained constant as I just tried to find a single word to describe my euphoria. However seeing each of our beloved friend that now practically found themselves to be our family, well, words could not deceive my joy. "Blissful..." I found myself whispering quietly as I leant again his shoulders with a content sigh and felt as he wrapped an arm around my waist. Anakin kissed the top of my head delicate f before looking out for himself over the masses of people here to celebrate our union.

"Me too, this is all o couldn't ever dreamed off...I only wish our parents could be here to see how happy we are." He replied with a slight hint of sadness that I too could feel. Anakin was right of course, our master made for good company but it would've been nice to have our parents here to share in our happiness. Though I didn't want to swell on that, so instead I tilted my head to look up to him with a chuckle and Rose a brow.

"What? You wish to have seen my father count here? Now that would've been eventful." I chuckled the emotion seeming to be contagious since he to soon began fo laugh at the idea.

"Okay fair point, I'm sure he would've had some long lecture planned for me, glad I escaped that." Anakin replied rubbing the back of his neck with a lopsided grin as he leaned back in his seat. Shortly after he did so the doors closed and lunch was served to us and our guests, everyone partaking in hearty conversation though most just excited for the next stage. That being of course the speeches, Anakin and I were aware our master's had planned out a few words of encouragement - mine probably less than his, but we were both more suspicious of what had Ahsoka and the boys so chirpy.

"Hey commander how about this..!" Fives whispered shouted though wasn't actually being very quiet at all since I could hear him from our table. Looking up and across I noticed the suited clone band the young torgruta a piece of paper, her blue eyes scanning the sheet before the girl burst out laughing with joyful tears in her eyes. I nudged Anakin's side and the pair of us watched as she leant over and whispered something back to Dice that made him laugh. The. Of corse Dice wanted to hear so Fives leant across to him and Anakin and I were left chuckling as the message got passed along until reaching a very confused Captain Rex.

"...why would a loth cat have a drivers license..?" The trooper asked with a puzzled expression that just made the table of clones laugh more. Evening Anakin and I were left giggling behind our glasses trying not to draw their attention as we watched poor Rex try to figure out what was going on.