Chapter Two

Desert boy

It's been around two weeks I believe since I started training with master Yoda, and it's an incredible experience

It's been around two weeks I believe since I started training with master Yoda, and it's an incredible experience. Master Yoda has taught me about this energy called the 'force', he says it's the same energy I used to see as a blind orphan on Okarius. We spend most of our time alone meditating, focusing our minds on the flow of the force-and just the other day I managed to harness it and move a chair. Since then I've spent every free moment practising this new ability, which had led to me becoming rather tired lately. Unfortunately I never saw that boy again, I guess he must've been in my head after all...

Sunlight had begun to drift into my room, shining across my closed eyes as I tried to sleep. Using the force I pulled one of the soft white sheets up over my face, not wanting to wake up just yet.  Then I tensed slightly as there was a knock at my door, my body freezing up as I realised it was entirely possible I was late for training.

"(Y/n)," I heard the girl I was willing to call my friend call from outside. See Kaida was assigned as my mentor, like a personal guide for answering questions when the masters were busy, and although the other younglings seemed to keep their distance from her, I found comfort in her steady silence. "I'm coming in," She continued flatly before I could reply, closely followed by the sound of my door opening, I tended not to lock it after all. Jumping up and I threw the sheet off my body, trying to neaten my hair out before Kaida could see me. Sadly she was already standing at my bedside, her blue eyes staring into me with a little more light than usual, a small amused smile crossing her lips briefly. "I see you decided to lay in, you have ten minutes to get ready, then we're heading to the training hall. The masters have an important meeting this morning so I've been assigned to help you practise your skills," She informed quickly, getting straight to the point while leaning back by the door frame as the door slid shut again beside her. My eyes widened and I quickly nodded, jumping out of bed and heading to get changed as fast as possible. Although Kaida sounded strict, and perhaps a little harsh, she was never unfair to me, and always made sure I was ok-even if she didn't want me to know. Struggling with my hair I rolled my eyes in frustration as I pulled back various pieces into a suitable style for training. Jogging back out while tightening my belt, I stopped in front of Kaida, mildly out of breath. Kaida looked at me like a bounty hunter might a new blaster, a glint of impress in her aqua eyes. "Two minutes spare, not bad (y/l/n)." She said while re-opening the door and stepping out into the hall.

"Thank you Miss Kaida..." I replied quietly with a small smile as I passed her and went out into the corridor. Though she was only six or seven years older than me, I still felt the need to be highly respectful towards her, mostly just because of the amazing confidence and power that filled her aura: it was strange, most people here had a presence of intense light in connection to the force, but with Kaida I couldn't sense anything, she was a total mystery to me. As the door closed behind us she gave me another of her curious stares before walking by, not saying another word as we made our way to the training hall.