Chapter one hundred and seventeen

"What are you waiting for? Arrest him." The Chancellor ordered from behind us and it was then that I realised none of had yet moved from that line. However at the chancellors request Kaida raced forward and my instincts pushed me to follow at her same speed. The two droids by Dooku ignited their electro staffs and blocked our parries.

"Kaida wait, this doesn't feel right." I grumbled using the force to push the droid before me back. It crumpled into the nearest wall for Obi wan to decapitate. Kaida however wasn't listening to me and had destroyed her own droid and was making a move for Dooku. The elder man bit his lip then ignited his own blade to block her ferocious attack.

"That's a fair amount of anger for a Jedi my dear." Dooku spoke as he deflected her attacks with relative ease. Actually, I may be mistaken but he looked to be struggling a little. Maybe he was holding back? No no way, the wasn't how the count did things.

"Oh please, says a traitor like you, now shut up and stay down." Kaida responded growling like a wild thing. I bit my lip this time, eyes flicking to Nial to see he looked equally nervous. That wasn't a good sign. Seems we were now three Jedi and one out of control tornado of destruction. This would surely be very interesting, and perhaps a little dicey.

"You still have much to learn of patience young Starfallen." Dooku replied managing to grab her wrist and squeeze it. There was the sound of a light crunch as he wrist presumably broke, the a gasp from the woman as she found herself hurtling back into the railings. My master was next to get thrown back nearby while Nial I now noticed was still with the chancellor. Grimacing I stepped forward joining the dance of steps with the count, prowling around in a close circle waiting for an opening.

"You'll find my powers have doubled since we last fought count." I spoke up with confidence, eyes darting to check Obi wan's condition for just a moment. He was breathing, likely just unconscious from the blow. Count Dooku's lips tugged up at one corner as he casually held his saber.

"I'm glad to hear." He responded with a distinct lack of malice. Alright this was getting very strange now. Why would he compliment my skills, perhaps he was trying to catch me off guard.

Was this a trap after all?

In my confusion I almost didn't notice the count's gaze flicker pointedly to the side. Brows knitting together I followed his gaze but was quickly drawn back when he slashed his blade towards my torso. Tensing and raising my saber to defend against his my sights locked in again on his. He wasn't pushing very hard but it was a shock after the previous sign.

"What the hell..." I muttered trying to use the force to push him back but he was too strong. The man rolled his eyes and rose a brow as his lips thinner into a line. Whatever kind of code this was I definitely didn't understand it.

"Skywalker duck." Nial suddenly came in saying from behind. As he green blade flashed by Dooku cursed under his breath and deflected the master. I tried to strike back while he was distracted but since I'd never really fought alongside Nial before our steps were out. I ended up pinned to the wall behind while Nial was thrown back to the feet of the chancellor.

Count Dooku then turned back to me, narrowing his eyes with a bitter expression. I gulped realising I was the last one stood conscious to take him down - but of course I still wasn't sure if that was even the right course of action. His eyes flickered back towards the chancellor and he quickly grabbed my throat and pushing himself in closer towards me.