Chapter one bundred and twenty three

08:00
All across the galaxy soldiers of the republic were turning on their Jedi generals. The peacekeepers were gunned down within the space of the same minute as the order was passed around. That order with the order known as Order Sixty Six, the ordered programmed into every clone from creation.

The order, to execute all Jedi...

Upon the cruiser leaving Mandolore republic citizen Ahsoka Tano was standing upon the bridge with her eyes closed. She felt the force weep as each one of her fellow Jedi were slaughtered. She felt it all and yet remained calm. Opening her eyes she glanced to captain Dice upon her left, then Commander Rex upon her right. Both nodded in response and placed on their helmets.

It was time...

Time...for the end...

All across the galaxy the war was ending, but with no victor. No, There would be no winners when both sides were completely designated in a single instant. The seraptists had been rendered a snake without its head and the republic was seized by a force no Jedi saw coming.

But Ahsoka Tano did, she was told about this day a long time in advance and now, now it was here...

The final hours of the republic...

Anakins pov

The force, the force was crying out all around us. It was screaming, I could feel it in every cell of my body like a blazing fire. It burned in my veins as my master and I fell from the cliff face. I wasn't sure how far it was until the ground below but it felt like miles. Every second was dragging out as blue gunfire reigned down around us. The gunfire of our soldiers - the ones we trusted most with our lives.

What caused this turn?

Why would they betray us now?

What was happening?

It was rare I didn't have any ideas as to what was going on around me, usually this only happened when it came to following someone else's crazy plan. Or even my own at times, but this was something new, something I couldn't understand. That feeling through the force - our own men firing on us, it made no sense. But that feeling, the screens crying out through the force....

People were dying - force users, thousands of them...

All of them?

(Y/n), where is she?

Is she safe...?

My back collided with the water below and I felt the air knocked clear from my lungs. Then I was sinking, my body heavy and limp as the water sucked me down into oblivion. All sounds was rendered to a humming white noise as the water rushed in and by my ears. All I could focus on as the face of my Angel, worry filling my heart as I wondered where she were right now. She was my half of my heart, without her would I even want to survive this.

Falling through that freezing water my thoughts dwelled solely upon her. I was pretty sure I had to be dying, everything was a haze and I could feel a seeming pain in my leg, inflamed by the water. One of the clones must've managed to clip me. I knew they had good aim but still, to be shot by our own brothers in arms. The ultimate betrayal.

The water was beginning to push my further down now, lungs burning from the lack of oxygen and straining for the slightest hint of air. I was dying and yet for some reason I didn't fight it. No, I know the reason, I was afraid to survive and discover I was alone. So instead of fighting to live I was frantically reaching out through the force - trying to find the one person that tethered me to this life. Trying to find my dear (y/n)...

Throughout the force there was so much pain, so much death. A darkness was consuming everything, taking over and making the universe impossible to navigate. I closed my eyes and focused on nothing but that map of remaining light. Not on breathing, not on fighting the water, i focussed solely on trying to find my dear love.