Chapter 8

Jhin: "Y/n great work, you've shown me a real show."

I sat back down next to ahri and rubbed my temples. It's been a long exhausting day, but at least it's finally over.

Ahri tapped my shoulder, I turned to her with my usual expression

Ahri: "We finally decided what to do."

I leaned back in my seat

Me: "About what?"

She smiled

Ahri: "What we are going to do tonight, first were going to the carnival then we're going to watch a movie."

I sighed knowing there was no way out, she just smiled and patted my back.

Ahri: "I'll pick you up at 5."

I nodded and placed my head down to rest for the remainder of class.

Ahri: "Oh right where do you live?"

I stayed silent because I didn't want her to know where I lived.

Me: "Pick me up at the Arcade, I have someone I had to meet up with there anyways."

I lied through my teeth but she seemed to buy it. The bell rang and signified the end of school.

Jhin: "All of you are dismissed, be happy it's not of life, for it would be beautiful."

I picked up my stuff and walked out of the class all the way to my locker. I shove everything I didn't need into the locker and closed it up. I sigh as soon as I felt someone behind me.

Me: "Is there something you want."

I turn around and I'm met with sett. He picks me up and pins me againts the locker.

Me: "Did you just have to choose today to start beef again Sett."

Sett: "Kid, keep talking to that hottie and see what happens."

I sigh and lean my head back

Me: "She's following me around sett, not much I can do to make her piss off."

Ahri: "Sett?"

He dropped me and wrapped his arm around my neck laughing.

Sett: "Oh hey there."

Ahri: "What were you doing with y/n."

He hummed and made up a quick lie

Sett: "Nothing just catching up with him, asking about you actually."

Ahri shrugged and started walking away soon followed by the others. I hear him whispering under his breath

Sett: "Damn they're hot."

He finally let me go

Sett: "Don't try and cock block me kid."

He walked away back with the football team. Whatever

I waked home on my own like usual... Alone. I made my way through the streets and into my neighborhood. It was in the worse part of town, not any good people around theses parts. I walk infront of my house and sighed before opening the door. I walk inside and go to my mom's room. I gently open the door and peek inside her room. She was fast asleep, I gently closed the door and went to the kitchen to cook.

She luckily already pulled out the meat so I just cooked it up on the pan and made some chuletas.

Mort: It's Spanish don't worry about it, and if you're wondering it's just meat.

And I cooked up some rice to go along with it. I served her a plate and grabbed a fork and walked back to her room. I open up her door and kneel to her bedside. I shake her gently and she wakes up.

M/n: "Sweetie you're home?"

I grab her hand and placed it on my cheek.

Me: "Yeah mom, I made you some food."

She smiled gently and shakily grabbed the plate. She smiled as she saw the food. I helped her cut up the meat and helped her eat. She eventually finished eating and handed me back the plate.

She kissed my forehead and held my hand for a few moments.

M/n: "Thank you sweetie."

I stayed silent for a few moments before finally building up some courage.

Me: "Mom, some... Friends invited me to the carnival, you think you'll be fine on your own for a bit."

She smiled wildly and excitedly nodded

M/n: "Go have fun sweetie I'll clean the dishes up right now."

She tried to get up but I quickly stopped her and laid her back down.

Me: "I leave at 5 ma I can do the dishes my self."

She caressed my face with her shivering hand.

M/n: "I'm sorry I have to hold you back like this sweetie."

I patted her hand gently

Me: "It's ok mom I'll be here to take care of you until you get better."

I walked away and closed her door again. I made my way to the kitchen and clean her plate along with the fork. I picked up the meat and ate a piece along with the remaining rice. The last piece of meat I put in the fridge. I headed to my room and opened my door.

It was still a huge mess inside just like I left it. I tossed my backpack down and checked over the homework I finished to make sure I did it right. After a few minutes of double checking in place it back into my back pack and lay down on my bed.

The warm comforting and soft mattress took me by surprise and made me not want to get up again.

Me: "I guess I pushed my self a bit too far today."

I sighed

Me: "Using apnoea rush is much more exhausting than I remember."

I yawned but spring my self out of bed and took a quick shower. After a few minutes I walk out and dried my self. I walk to the mirror and stare into my reflection.

I looked almost unrecognizable to the younger version of me. My hair seemed darker than I remembered and a lot scruffier. My face showed visual signs of exhaustion. I quickly splashed some cold water in my face and combed through my hair until I finally exited the bathroom.

I put on a fresh set of clothes consisting of my usual unnoticeable and unremarkable style. Finally I unfolded my mother's jacket and put it back on. Let's just get this over with already.