Chapter 26

I got and evelynn led me back towards her group. Ahri seemed happy to see me.

Ahri: "There you are, we were waiting for you."

Her tails wagged excitedly as I took a seat in between her and akali.

Me: "Yeah, I'm real excited to see you too, adorable little nine tails."

Ahri: "A-adorable?"

Akali: "Damn it."

I got distracted by akal whispering under her breath. I wasn't sure why she was upset. I take a small peak at her desk and see her working on last night's math assignment.

I look closer at the assignment and see shes on question 7.

Me: "15 square root of 4."

She turned to me with a confused look on her face. I playfully shrugged she quickly scribbled the answer I gave her.

Akali: "Thanks."

She focused in back on her assignment but before she could finish the bell rang. All of us left for biology.

I make my way to the back of the class, I knew today was going to be a boring biology class. I closed my eyes and decided to just sleep through the class.

Unfortunately the group decided me being awake was the best course of action.

Akali: "Wake up dude."

I opened my eyes and sat up, knowing I wouldn't be able to get a wink of sleep. I look around and notice that I was now in a different seat.

Me: "Wuh- how- when?

Akali: "Yeah we moved you like 2 minutes into class."

I sigh

Me: "There is no winning with any of you is there?"

She smiled and chuckled light heartedly.

Akali: "Nah, you might as well just chill with us, cos we won't be leaving you alone."

The class proceeded as normal, so did the rest of the day without any major changes. I sighed as the end of school finally came. I was completely exhausted after today's events. Mostly co siting g of me dealing with the group and the new comer seraphine tagging along like a leech.

???: "Boo!"

I quickly turn around and I'm met with a giggling akali. I look at her with an unamused face, which only increased her laughter more. I shake my head and grab my stuff put of my locker to leave. She followed near behind.

Akali: "We were planning on getting dinner, since we couldn't yesterday or the day before that."

Me: "And what does that have to do with me?"

She smirked

Akali: "I'm pretty sure you already know the answer to that."

I rolled my eyes

Akali: "Great see ya then."

She was about to leave but at the last second she grabbed my shoulder.

Akali: "Oh and were taking you to our house."

Me: "No, I need to get home and cook for ma."

Akali: "Can't she just do it herself, seems pretty lazy to me."

I finally snap and grab her by her jacket, I slam her against the lockers.

Me: "You listen to me and listen good, dont you dare! ever! Talk about my ma like that, if I were any less of a man I'd punch your teeth out."

Evelynn: "Let go of her y/n."

Two blades were pressing against my body, one on my neck and one on my back. I let go of akali, Evelynn walked around and helped her up. She removes the blades and apologizes.

Evelynn: "Akali must have done something to encite a reaction out of you, for that I apologize, but you will not be hurting her anytime soon, not on my watch at least."

She had a steely glare, of both understanding and murderous intent. I walked away before any other interaction could happen. I walked outside of the school and didn't bother waiting for the group.

Instead I chose to walk home and finally get some peace.

Evelynn PoV

I helped akali up and took her into the restroom for some privacy.

Me: "What did you do?"

Akali: "Nothing, he's just crazy."

I raise my eyebrow in suspicion she sighs.

Akali: "I talked about his mom and he snapped."

Well now I know what makes him tick, but messing with him doesn't seem like a good idea.

Evelynn: "Perhaps don't do that next time, it didn't seem like he would've hit you or even hurt you but still I'd rather be safe than sorry."

He's willing to pretend like he hates akali just so she doesn't find out the truth.

Me and akali head out of the restroom and join up with the group again.

I wonder what else you're hiding in those tired eyes y/n.

Y/n PoV

A small sigh of relief leaves my mouth as I finally return to the comfort of my own home. I walk inside and make my way to mom's room. I open her door and she's fully asleep. I gently close the door and begin to cook a meal for her.

I scrounged whatever ingredients I could find and made something woth them. A combination of some leftover meat with cooked vegetables and just a hint of lemon.

I grabbed a sticky note from the cabinet and wrote what I was doing.

Ma, I'm going to go eat dinner with some friends, call me if you need anything at all.

Love, y/n

I stuck the sticky not on the side of the plate and went back inside mom's room. I gently placed the plate at her bedside and left her room.

I sit down on the couch and reality starts hitting me. My heart trembles as I remember what I did to akali.

God damn it, in such a fucking coward why am I so damn weak, you dont even have the balls to tell akali the truth.

My hands start shaking out of pure anger.

I'm supposed to be strong, for everyone, for ma, for my self. So why? Why cant I just do one thing for my self, why am I so terrified of getting closure. Why...